Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

There is usually a screen in the bios with the CPU temp, fan speed etc. Also there might be a utility for Windows that comes with the Motherboard that will do this also. I only use Intel Motherboards and they all have a monitoring utility.

Ich bin ein New Yorker
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark

...thanks for remembering the Thermal Grease, but be careful. That stuff "flies through the air" and ends up in your hair if you're not watching closely (hehehehe, I "watched" it do just that to a neighbor installing a new CPU). [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

with hard ware?
    or it is 100% compatible with hardware and software, because sometimes that you read that some applications were utilized to work best with P4, is it true or false statement?

Each family of processors includes its own special instruction set, over and above the basic set. Applications can be compiled so that they are optimised for a particular processors extra instructions, so they'll run faster on that processor than if they'd just been compiled for the basic set.

I've not seen any issues with programs optimised for one, not working on the other. It could also be that the installation program will install the appropriately optimised exe for the system that it's going to run on.

another source to check on is http://www.cpuscorecard.com

amd is more efficient in design compared to intel chips. ibm and motorola cpus are even more efficient.

ghi