Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ummm... Vtol,

This will open a new popup. I know it tried it...

javascript:window.open('ziphelplobby.html', 'popup', 'width=585,height=385')

you need to put "popup" in the target frame window name. See pretty pic...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1upload.jpg 
Views:	689 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	1341  

Thanks John but,
    I never had a problem getting it popup, I just have the problem of it loading the html file and popup correct size.

I did put the popup word in frame as you said..

Heres what I get in the popup IEwindow(which is not sized correctly either - its full size window) below:

Directory of ----> uttonsjavascript:window.open('ziphelplobby.html', 'popup','width=585,height=385')

So it seems we need to change the javascript command somehow

With the below method, it loads the html up in IE popup window but not as specified size.

I click SAVE twice, overwrite, then refresh my window, and text it... blaa blaa bla
    Actually sometimes I edit the button.js file, much faster for testing... as you allready knew

Below dont work on submenu (I'm testing in both now)... Tryed about 30 ways so far

~ ~ ~ ~ <span class="ev_code_BLUE">both at same time below sizing works </span>~ ~ ~ ~
    <span class="ev_code_RED">URL</span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">Target Frame</span>
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It works, but I get an extra window that says 'Objetct'

NOTE:
    I have the ziphelplobby.html in the root folder..

Forget proper sizing an IE window. IE does not play that game. It never has. The window opens and the corect file loads... see here click on the "help1" button.

The script should be in the url and "popup" (the name of the window) should be in the target frame. that should get rid of the extra window with [object].

hi John

The first thing I learned to do here by myself was set the <span class="ev_code_RED">URL</span> to ziphelplobby.html and <span class="ev_code_RED">Target Frame</span> to _blank which in turn does the same popup you been talking about. I guess I confused you a bit with all my poor example <strings> - etc.. sorry

I have to disagree with you, popup size has allways worked for me and all my visitors, believe me, they would let me know if they didnt

Dont worry about the popup size, I got it working perfectly now.

The only problem I'm having now with menuMaker(which has caused all the confusion in the 1st place - since I was doing all my testing in submenus and you were not) is things like Bookmark, Onclick alert, among other things won't work in submenus.

maybe you have a better solution for that fix...

cheers

Why didn't you say that in the first place. I will doodle around if I have time and see what I come up with.

I tried too, but being in the submenu(which javascript dont work) confused me severly, plus I'm not too good at java and new to MM

with Xara x1 on your machine, you can create any type of navigation you can think of. Get stumped, and ask a question in the xara forum. There are many more people who regularly post there.