Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm having trouble getting the below to work in MenuMaker:
    <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> A HREF="#"onClick="alert('this is an example') </pre>

Also I need this converted to MenuMaker:
    <A href="../text/ziphelp.html" TARGET="popup"ONCLICK="window.open('../text/ziphelplobby.html', 'popup', 'width=585,height=385'); return false"></A>

I've try a few ways, but figure one of you pros have the answer tucked away in your massive cache of hi-tech memory.

Thanks a millionz in advance

I'm having trouble getting the below to work in MenuMaker:
    <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> A HREF="#"onClick="alert('this is an example') </pre>

Also I need this converted to MenuMaker:
    <A href="../text/ziphelp.html" TARGET="popup"ONCLICK="window.open('../text/ziphelplobby.html', 'popup', 'width=585,height=385'); return false"></A>

I've try a few ways, but figure one of you pros have the answer tucked away in your massive cache of hi-tech memory.

Thanks a millionz in advance

"A HREF="#"onClick="alert('this is an example')
    " Vtol

did you try putting in a closing quote?

A HREF="#"onClick="alert('doh... now it works')"

hi John
    How ya doing?
    I just tryed yours, didnt workz...

I just pasted this in:
    A HREF="#"onClick="alert('doh... now it works')"

It never worked...

some reason MenuMaker converts all my - and " to underscore _

Is this normal?

Nevermind, I figured it out, its only converted in the MenuMaker Menu, its ok normal state in the button.js file...

duh... after fixing the character swap, I realized you where doing things a$$backwards to start with... You can't call a link from a link and that is what you where trying to do.

Try this code snipet...

javascript:alert('doh... now it works')

I even tested it for you. Just swap out the doh... now it works with something semi-intellegent.

every program needs some characters that it alone uses. For things like here is the start of a varible etc... " >< are all converted to underscores by MM. If you need these special characters, then do a search for HTML special characters...

" = & quot (without the space)
    < = & lt (without the space)
    > = & gt (without the space)

The programs I write, varibles start with a % and have no ending, I think you mean a string in @LEN(<string&gt) and the " are used to signify that anything within them are ignored as far as command(s) charactor(s) and read as normal charactors

Like I said, I'm not to familier with Java beans
    But I did get the BACK Button working without your help weeeeeeeeee

I was gonna try some more, then I have company here now, but I think I will need help on this last one though.

But thanks trying, I owe ya.

If I can get this one figured out, I think I will be done on button link headaches

My company just left and just tryed:

javascript:window.open('ziphelplobby.html', 'popup', 'width=585,height=385'); return false

and tryed _blank in frame list box...

no success, even have the file in the buttons folder and root... hmm

hi Vtol,

This will open your dang popups. You really want to piss people off that bad?

javascript:window.open('ziphelplobby.html', 'popup', 'width=585,height=385')

Hi
    Sorry John I allready tryed it that way, dont work.

No one hates popups more than me, but my popups are needed at the GameSpy Arcade lobby in order fro the players to get my maps, Gamespy Arcade has its own built in download manager that is itsself spyware(which I also hate and think of as a God hated tresspasing scumware) plus when gameSpy Arcade loaded my map pages it stretched them to where they couldnt reach the download buttons, amoung other problems, so my popups are loved by the game players, nothing like spam(which I only like fried with mustard on bun occasionally)

John I also tried 100 times to get my offline lines to work with MenuMaker(no success) below:

../text/ziphelplobby.html <--- EXAMPLE

That allows me to work offline on my webpage.

It dont work in my submenu