Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hello there,

I have a small problem regarding CorelDraw 11. We have made a "Membership Card" design for a client and each of these needs a Number (e.g. 0001 - 1000). Is there any way to automate the process of changing the number in a text field, or does it have to be done manually? I'm hoping there is a script or hidden setting that caters for this.

Thank you in advance for any input.
    IP

Hello there,

I have a small problem regarding CorelDraw 11. We have made a "Membership Card" design for a client and each of these needs a Number (e.g. 0001 - 1000). Is there any way to automate the process of changing the number in a text field, or does it have to be done manually? I'm hoping there is a script or hidden setting that caters for this.

Thank you in advance for any input.
    IP

I remember such a topic. Did a quick search and here's what I found. Look over the suggestions given by the members here. Maybe you'll find something you can use.
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=4206
    Also, did a quick google search and found this:
    http://shareup.com/Print_Merge_Numer...load-8412.html
    I haven't downloaded this or tested it, so no guarantee that this is really free or anything, so you try it at your own risk...
    But I think there are some pretty sound suggestions given in the forum topic link...
    IP

Found it! I remembered reading this article way back then, but I just can't recall where. Here it is:
    http://www.oberonplace.com/draw/tricks/printmerge.htm
    IP

Default Re: Incrementing numbers in a text field

Thanks ....
    IP

Thanks, Gman, my hard drive is taken a dive, and I'll be replacing it soon, for the meanwhile, I can't be as verbose as usual.

If I am not Chatty-Kathy, it is due to technical difficulties.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Too bad to hear about your HD. I've been through 2 or 3 myself, and I feel your pain...
    We'll hang on, no worry. Sark should be able to handle questions that are way above my amateur knowledge.
    BTW, this thread is old. I guess zarifkan has been going through the entire forum looking for answers... Glad it was helpful, though.
    IP

Just an amateur myself Grafixman. And pretty sure you're just as knowledgable as myself, a lot more so with other apps. With CD however, I think we're both certainly some distance behind Sally.

As for your drive Sally, it seems were both having hardware problems. As well as my tablet dying, my monitor is now playing up. Have to keep disconnecting the cable from the graphics card every time I boot up. Hopefully it's the the card and not the monitor, although it's now a smidgen over three years old with a three year guarentee. I'm sure these things have inbuilt timers to self destruct just out of thier guarentee period (LOL)

Sark
    Last edited by Sark; 28 July 2006 at 02:00 PM.
    IP

Got my drive today, so my weekend is cut out for me, isn't it.

Perhaps it is just the season for repair work.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Jeff Harrison has some video tuts plus a link to a very helpful addition to DRAW which makes applying numbers to tickets, invoices, etc. much easier.

The link here has a couple of excellent tutorials on how to put it all together.

If you ever need to number, and it is just a matter of time before you will be asked to do a merge, this is good to know. I've bookmarked it because it is something I'd want to have as a ready reference.

http://www.unleash.com/jeffh/numbering/

Sally M. Bode
    IP