Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Since most of us on this site are likely to be professionals, and some of us Europeans too, probably many of you have a VAT number registration. Does Xara charge the 17% UK VAT to all VAT number registered customers?

Xara has to pay 17% over UK purchases, to their own UK tax authority, but nothing over the purchases to VAT registered customers outside the UK. So why charge us Fantasy TAX?

European Xara customers with a VAT registration have to pay the local tax on top of the total amount that Xara charges us. That's only fair, when they don't have to pay the 17% Xaratax first.

At the time of all my purchases, on the Xara.com website was a statement about VAT:

- VAT registered users could fill in their VAT number during the BuyOnline procedure. But in fact, not VAT number field was te be found there.

- Another website text said to mail to Sales@Xara.com with the VAT registration number, to be charged for the amount without VAT.
    I did that, on every online purchase. But the emails were simply ignored.

Now Xara has offered to refund the VAT on my last purchase. But they refuse to refund the VAT on the other online purchases. Does XARA do this with all of their customers?

Since my last purchase, I have seen good offers on the Xara website. But I am not comfortable to buy from a company that cannot be trusted with the creditcard procedure.

On top of that, I haven't had the delivery of my last purchase in over 2 months. I ordered 10-10-03, and still waiting now, december 15. How patient must a Xara customer be?

I see no good reason, why Xara does not deliver a CD they sold, does not answer emails, and refuses to refund the UK VAT over all purchases outside the UK.
    IP

Hello woudstra,

It is my understanding that my colleagues have been in contact with you numerous times regarding the various issues you've encountered. To this end, we can offer you no further information here at the forums.

I must politely ask that you stop posting duplicate topics in the forum. This forum is for technical support, and we need to be able to focus our time on customers who need technical help with their product.

If you have any further queries, please do email us. However, we won't be able to offer you any further help on current topics that we have already answered.

Finally, in regards to your CD, it is my understanding you entered the wrong address. As a gesture of goodwill we did send you another CD to your correct address, so that should be with you now or in the near future.

Kind regards,
    Antony

--------
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.
    IP