Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Just finished.

"Collage-like" silliness that was a lot of fun developing!

The more I play around with this computer drawing stuff the more fun I have. It is so quick trying out different things and no white-out, erasers or tears are needed.

Risto
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ballerinaandotherguys.jpg 
Views:	367 
Size:	120.1 KB 
ID:	14444  

Just finished.

"Collage-like" silliness that was a lot of fun developing!

The more I play around with this computer drawing stuff the more fun I have. It is so quick trying out different things and no white-out, erasers or tears are needed.

Risto

Hi Risto,

I enjoy seeing your drawings. They bring out the inner child in me, when all the world was full of wonder.

Thanks for sharing.

Soquili [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Risto
    A truely effective image which leaves you wondering what the axe wielding doll does next.
    Love your choice of colours.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks guys!

Soquili - you are too kind!

Egg - perhaps this scene one minute later would make for a more interesting drawing? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

The colors are from Jens's colour wheel! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Some constructive criticism would be appreciated, I can take it!, really I can... I think... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Risto

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Criticism - I don't know if this is constructive or just subjective nonsense: I find the maple leaf to be ill-conceived and an affront to an otherwise outstanding example of timeless art. As a Canadian, I love maple leaves but in this case it is a focal point that IMHO (ya right) detracts from the overall composition. Can it, and let the underlying tension rise a notch.

Don't hate me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] - Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Sometimes it takes someones elses friendly and critical eye to make you aware of the obvious.

At times when I'm creating images, I draw a lot of different objects that I try to tie together and if they don't fit in I delete them.

The maple leaf felt "forced", I needed something there and of the objects I had at hand, I settled on the maple leaf... I get lazy at 2 AM...

It also becomes the focal point because I cheated on its colour (I stepped outside the colour scheme that I was using). The highest contrast in colour is between the doll and the purple background but perhaps the non-comforming colour of the leaf takes over.

Love to get this kind of input - it teaches me lots!

And now, I'm back to the Canuck - Avs hockey game....

Thanks Ross!

Risto

I think the ax adds an element of suspense to the otherwise domestic tranquility of the composition, Risto [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

My 2 cents, $US.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Even So Humble...