Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question goes out to all you web gurus.

i am interested in designing a site such as:
    http://www.guistuff.com

i am aware that you can use xarax to slice up images but i dont know how you go about inserting the text. So my question is this:

Do you go off and draw a lovely backround in xarax leaving space for the text and then open up a new site in dreamweaver and insert the text and graphic? or is there a more robust way of doing things, perhaps to draw the graphic in xarax and in some way to leave the text as editable so that the quality is not lost?? As you see im quite new at this so i dont know what to search for because i dont know the terminology and/or methodology. I just need a few pointers. Thanks a million
    regards
    Michael.

Question goes out to all you web gurus.

i am interested in designing a site such as:
    http://www.guistuff.com

i am aware that you can use xarax to slice up images but i dont know how you go about inserting the text. So my question is this:

Do you go off and draw a lovely backround in xarax leaving space for the text and then open up a new site in dreamweaver and insert the text and graphic? or is there a more robust way of doing things, perhaps to draw the graphic in xarax and in some way to leave the text as editable so that the quality is not lost?? As you see im quite new at this so i dont know what to search for because i dont know the terminology and/or methodology. I just need a few pointers. Thanks a million
    regards
    Michael.

Hello Michael;
    I've just joined the board here when I came accross your question. It would seem you have answered it also. You do your background in any graphics program.(I use PhotoShop) If you know some text will be part of the background ahead of time, by all means go ahead and do that too.

The fewer graphics that's used means it will upload faster for us dial-up users. By doing most of your design on the background graphic you eliminate the alot of extra weight other sites have.

I guess the best thing I can say is, plan out ahead of time for your background. If you plan on having banner adds be sure to allow room for them as well.

Maybe this helped you out some I hope, but if you still have a question...let me know. I'll be glad to help if I can.

Mr.B

[This message was edited by Mr. B on February 09, 2002 at 14:51.]