Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hello folks-polked around on the website trying to find how to make a complex object using overlapping layers in XARA3D -in particular I was impressed with the "Groucho" example on the xara.com website.

How do i get the tutorial that shows how to make it?

The biggest problem I'm having is lining up the individual elements with the bitmap-making each element a different texture/color. The sizing is always off somehow.

Please email me if someone knows?

fokx@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Hello folks-polked around on the website trying to find how to make a complex object using overlapping layers in XARA3D -in particular I was impressed with the "Groucho" example on the xara.com website.

How do i get the tutorial that shows how to make it?

The biggest problem I'm having is lining up the individual elements with the bitmap-making each element a different texture/color. The sizing is always off somehow.

Please email me if someone knows?

fokx@hotmail.com

Thanks!

How exactly did he get those shapes-and more to the point-how did he line up those bitmaps with those shapes!!! That's the part of x3d drives me crazy.

I wish we could assign an independent bitmap to each metafile object-so much easier!

Thanks

Hi,

First I wanna give you this URL:
    Xara3d4 toot

Run through this tutorial faithfully, and you'll understand some of the techniques involved in the process you want to know.

Keep in mind, whenever you shade or apply a texture to individual objects in X3D, you probably have to use the "shift" and "arrow" buttons, and make use of the text-input dialog box as well as the onscreen layout, to get around and select objects. The tutorial will explain the basic principles that you are looking for ... you're going to get to know how to nudge and move objects in an unusual way using tracking, baseline shift etc ... within the text dialog.

You'll know what I mean ... just do it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Wayne
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	x3d.gif 
Views:	265 
Size:	3.0 KB 
ID:	20141