Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Last year in June a 128 meg PC100 DIMM module was $145, I bought one yesterday for $22, PC133 was $20!!! . If you are planning to upgrade to Windows 2000 or XP, now would be a good time. Buy name brand with a lifetime warranty, not generic, it will be better quality. Fill up your motherboard with as much as it will support, you won't be sorry.

TANSTAAFL
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark

I just bought 2x 256 MB 133 Apacer for less than I bought 2x 128 generic some six months ago.
    And found a non-registered Win2K pro that the owner wants to change for my Agfa snapscan.

Like I try not to forget:

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.

Having remembered Raffon's advice, I've just bought 2 x 256MB branded PC133 for £58 (£29 each) and upgraded from 128MB to 640MB at one fell swoop! My copy of Win2K Pro is on its way at £52.87 (special price for being a teacher, lucky me!), so what's that, £110.87 (about $164) for the lot?

To which I can only add:

1. <LI>Take the advice and buy the memory while it's still cheap! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]<LI>Thanks, Raffon! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

Hmmmm. I'm about to buy a new Dell 8200. They had an offer of a $200 rebate or a free memory upgrade.

From what you have just told me, I'll get the rebate and add 5GB of RAM [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
    Be it ever so humble...</a>

Gary are you buying a P4 system ?
    I am wondering if I should buy a P4 system or one of the new Athlon XP systems ???? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire