Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: working graphic

This is a part of a larger work I'm currently working on. Wondered if anyone cared to comment? If you'd like to know how to do it in the larger framework of full composition?

Cliff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spears.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	191.4 KB 
ID:	6520  
    Cliff
    IP

This is a part of a larger work I'm currently working on. Wondered if anyone cared to comment? If you'd like to know how to do it in the larger framework of full composition?

Cliff
    Cliff
    IP

Clif in my opinion the design is very nice, but it looks to much computer.

I added some Lights, and Noise.

Regards

Michael Cervantes
    MC Design Studio
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cliff-image.jpg 
Views:	355 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	3933  
    IP

It is very nice ART

But dose it mean anything? Or a logo?

Anyway the texture is nice

Did you do it all in PP or used a 3rd party plugins (BladePro)?

Thanks for sharing it
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
    IP

I agree with Mr. Cervantes, but only if it will result in something that works with the entire piece. Hard to say, don't know what the rest of it looks like.

I like the colors used and the composition looks good, but again, only from what I can see.

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    IP

The idea is to represent digital design over against something that doesn't look digital :-)

But, that's not everybody's cup of tea, I suppose.

Regardless, I appreciate the input. Again, it is a work in progress and the final result will be different. The initial graphic shown, though, does represent what the whole idea is : creative shapes that lend themselves to creative ideas for composition, with an emphasis on Merge Mode and Transparency, as well as complex object manipulation (The whole image, by the way, is done in PhotoPaint; the initial shapes are done in Draw).

Michael, I do like the notion of additional lighting and the use of noise. I actually considered noise combined with blur to reduce the detail of the background in order to further enhance the foreground pieces. I'll consider it further as the piece develops.

Well, I like the direction the piece is going and hope to share the techniques for doing it shortly.

Cliff
    Cliff
    IP

Very nice work. The texture contrasts smooth against rough to me. Like a patina? well rubbed over time. The two shapes make me think of two people in unity. In perfect balance & harmony but with some rough spots.
    I would very much like to learn how to do it in the larger framework of full composition!
    Thanks for sharing.

Cheryl
    IP

Thanks, Cheryl

I can see from your own work that you're already well-versed in the program so it's nice to hear that someone who is already experienced would want to see something like this as an exercise.

Are you equally comfortable in Draw as you are in PhotoPaint?

Cliff

Cliff
    Cliff
    IP

Hi Cliff,

I quess I am a continous student. I don't know all the tools. I am just getting into merge modes and the wonderful potential of fills. Until very recent if a fill was named stucco thats what it was to me, now I see other things like cookies & potatos. One's way of doing something has opened up a whole new area for me to explore. In computer graphics I am self-taught, meaning I have learned from tutorials & newsgroups on the web and books.

I am a beginning to intermediate in Coreldraw. A lot of the tutorials still confuse me. While for a long time I thought I would never be able to learn it, I am now fascinated by vectors. Since there are so few tutorials for draw I read the ones for other programs. I got Illustrator 10 for Xmas and hope to be able to use them together. I hope I can master the pen tool.

Cheryl

[This message was edited by Cheryl on March 11, 2002 at 13:08.]

[This message was edited by Cheryl on March 11, 2002 at 13:12.]
    IP

Well, I say to all my Draw students, if you master the bezier tool and node editing, you've mastered vector. Nearly everything else is a variation on that theme.

Good luck in your continued study,

Cliff
    Cliff
    IP