Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi,
    I have a queston about incorporating a shopping cart section when developing a shopping web page.
    I have the product web page basically designed but wish to know about icorporating a payment system (ie paypal etc.).Does the client purchase the paypal or similar account or do I as the page developer purchase the account?
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card
    IP

Mac
    I've never set up a PayPal a/c, but I'd suggest you get the client to do it in their name. If you do it in your's you could become liable for bad debts / credit ratings etc.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Thank you Egg Bramhill for the response..in that being said how would you test your web page for functionality with out getting a lot of inappropriate sales?
    Jim
    I did create an asp shopping cart for my sisters antique collection but she never actually hosted it. It was created throughan 'Access" database with 250 Items (and images) I spent a lot of time staightening her database out so it would make sense.
    Thanks for the reply
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card
    IP

Hi again Jim
    As I stated earlier I've no experience of PayPal. I've only created shopping sites based on Actinic software & Merchant Accounts.
    I would assume Paypal would require such things as a unique sales number, possibly a product/s no / name. (You will need to research this at PayPals site) At the same time you will need to send this and further information to the shop owner. (Which would be easy to test prior to setting up the Paypal account) From what you have said your web authoring techniques / ability are far greater than mine, so I can't give you an in depth answer to this I'm afraid.
    You could repost your question in the 'Site Design & Publishing' section. It will probably get a greater response there.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Thank youe Egg for your precious time in responding. I will continue creating the site and when complete do the "payment" enquiry s per customers preferences.
    Jim
    IP

I found incorperating PayPal quite straight forward as you can download their shopping cart to suit your HTLML editor whither it is GoLive or Macromedia.

I use GoLive for my sins and their has been no trouble receiving payments as it gives me tools that I can use to complete the web page. I followed the simple instructions and everything has worked well. The web site was fairly straight forward with little choice in the number of articles for sale but I can see no reason for it not working in your situation.

All the best Mac
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP