Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Terragen

Hi. Here's a program I really love for making 3d photo realistic landscapes: Terragen. It's FREE! It makes awesome (no lie) landscapes. You can download it via CNET Downloads There are a few select tutorials on the net if you do a search at google or altavista. Just thought you all might be interested if you haven't heard of Terragen already. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Here is a little somethign I did with it. (I'm sure you can do loads better!)
    [img]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0OQAAAHIUtkd5O*Li9o!ELo6Esw9ZAI9C3eIwtdWCVzDQDqgLq lf7UctxGkwy3KPOL8xc9M8xbEF0lK8xyBYpm*RHg8BGfOhf/frozen-inlet.bmp[/img]

"There are no dumb questions... only stupid answers."

This is an amazing program! I'm sure most people here (at least of the "3D Forum") have already discovered this, but it can never have to much promotion! Thanks for your pic and welcome to the forums, hope you find this place as usefull as I!

And I see you use Xara, I look forward to seeing your work!
    c-ya

Steve Newport
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MountainSide.jpg 
Views:	349 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	7533  
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

hi for you

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Here's something I did with Terragen and Xara X. Both programs are great fun!

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swoosh.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	19076  

Thank you nanoo. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Hi to you too.

Ross, that is awesome! If I was half as talented as you and Gary and some of the others on here I could die a happy person. But I am learning loads here and on XaraXone, so maybe, just maybe, I will be able to make something cool yet. Mostly so far all I have made in Xara X are some simple little banners and buttons for friends sites. Nothing really grand. For Christmas I got Bryce 5 and it makes some awesome landscapes also, but Terragen for some reason seems easier to use and I feel like I am making something more unique for some reason. LOL, I don't know what that is about, probably my own wierd psyche. You have inspired me to try to do something cool with a landscape in Xara X though, so I think I will give it a try. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Thanks.

"There are no dumb questions... only stupid answers."