Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Olyrings

It's the official design, i managed to get a bitmap version and managed to trace it, its made up of several layers, the hardest part was the text [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] but i got there in the end.

Paul (aka Xara3D master)

Here you go.

(the text was the easiest part for me, I used yours) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Even So Humble...

[This message was edited by Gary W. Priester on April 03, 2001 at 06:46 PM.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	world_cup_challenge.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	15934  

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Hey Gary! Wanna go into the souvenir pin business?? We could get Brendan, the xara-using lawyer from Korea, to negotiate licencing, manufacturing, and distribution contracts in Korea.

(My role you ask? - I could likely bring an investor to the table).

I'm half serious. It probably is possible with enough gumption to turn this copyright infringement into an "opportunity".

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Can't see how I can ever compete with anything of Gary's, but here's a silly version of the Olympic 'rings' I first drew by hand (for my own nefarious reasons) over twenty years ago. I know the shapes should be casting shadows on each other as well as the backdrop, but that's mighty tricky...

So now try it with some different shapes! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 09 October 2006 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Image removed at Peters request.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Peter - If your image was just three hearts (two on top and one below) complete with the interlocking - it would be a great graphic for a "love triangle". Add a fourth "broken" one alone on the side and you've got a soap opera.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Done it!

BTW, what I meant about the shadows was... although it's easy enough to make the shapes cast shadows on each other, it's much harder to make these behave correctly. (Which is why I left them out!)

Peter</p>

Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 09 October 2006 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Image removed at Peters request.

Or is that more of an unusual m&eacute;nage &agrave; trois with all three hearts interlocking? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Perhaps I should get back to the 'purple-lin&egrave;d palace of sweet sin'!

Peter</p>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Can't see how I can ever compete with anything of Gary's, but here's a silly version of the Olympic 'rings' I first drew by hand (for my own nefarious reasons) over twenty years ago. I know the shapes should be casting shadows on each other as well as the backdrop, but that's mighty tricky... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Peter

You notice I never had a serious entry in the knot tying contest thread. I could never figure that one out. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Nice effect with the hearts. A logo perhaps for the Heart Surgeon's Olympics?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Even So Humble...