Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

has just been released by Harald Heim and may do a similar thing, I hope to try it out over the next few days. You can find it at http://thepluginsite.com/products/photowiz/

Jon
    Jon

Thanks for the link Jon... Will have a look a bit later on today... back to bed for this kid... Flu season is upon us

Ah Gauss... it is always nice to see someone enthusiastic bout their prefered app... within reason of course...

IMHO I have provided very accurate and correct information here... to whit...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Yes, PS is a durn good app indeed, but... for photo tweaking I would be more inclined to go with PhotoImpact... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Gauss... there really was no reference that PS is a lesser app, but rather only that I would be inclined... personal preference...

nothing incorrect about this... It is but my opinion... and in my eyes a very valid one...

Now then... would you care to share with the members of this fine community, the steps involved in gaining this solution via PS... how many steps?

In PI you would... Open file... open filter... apply effect via sliding over a slider... simply done

Hi guys... was wandering around TG and thought i'd pop into this thread.

I can't provide much in the way of app suggestions here, that's already been covered quite well.

But to add to what Gauss & Gidgit are "discussing"... i'd just like to first say... Gauss, everyone has their own prefs, as we've all heard before many times i'm sure, to each his own. And... use whatever works for ya.

Even though i've been using PS for a lot of years now, i'll be the first to speak about what i feel are its short-comings & limitations -- of which it has a few. But doesn't every program these days!?

As for comparing PI to PS and vice versa, that's not a fair fight IMO. Both those apps began as something which they are not today. They were both much weaker apps only a few years ago, and have gone in different directions today with respects to what types of abilities they're strong/weak in. Apples to oranges i believe the saying goes.

Gidgit...
    For a 'perspective' distortion like in your example photo, it takes but a second to fix in PS. Just turn your grid on, and use the "Transform>Perspective" tool, til things line up visually in the photo. Pretty much equivilant to opening a filter and tweaking a slider.
    Other types of distortions in photos however are more complex to correct. Perspective distortion appears to be the easiest to fix. But i think that would be the case for any program used, not just PI & PS.

Anywho... my 2 cents.

Hi Mark...

Thanx for the further info on this "perspective"

Sounds like six of one, half dozen of the other...

So there ya have it folks... take your pick and get down to some funky Photo Editing...

Sorry, a bit late into the thread.

My favourite, designed for one job only, application that I still use today (Though haven't checked to see if it runs under XP) is Kai's Photosoap V1.0.

It has the best clone brush I have ever seen (only three presets, but with the intelligent programming behind them, it has never failed me)and the slider controls for HSB and normal contrast adjustments are brilliant.

It is a terrific application for correcting, poorly exposed images or scans of old photographs that have been bleached and damaged.

I never got around to getting version two, but I would have like to have seen what the improvements were. I think it was sold to ScanSoft.

The thing is that despite having more powerful apps at my disposal, I still revert to this application, one that was designed for home use, when the need arises.

Only cost £15, one of my best buys ever in the software world.

Peter

The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt