Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I am having problems with plugin support in PI8 when I sent an email to Ulead I got this response.

>Dear Andre,

>Sorry,photoimpact 8.0 no support this plugin.

>Best regards,
    >-Jessica Chu,

There is a growing thread on plugin related problems over at the PIRC BBS.

I am stunned that Ulead has such a sloppy response and seems to discounting several plugin problems with a canned "we don't support that".

Can any of the PI insiders or experts get the word from Colwin or anyone at Ulead as to their awareness of the problem with 3rd party plugin support and if there is going to be any fix forth coming?
    IP

I am having problems with plugin support in PI8 when I sent an email to Ulead I got this response.

>Dear Andre,

>Sorry,photoimpact 8.0 no support this plugin.

>Best regards,
    >-Jessica Chu,

There is a growing thread on plugin related problems over at the PIRC BBS.

I am stunned that Ulead has such a sloppy response and seems to discounting several plugin problems with a canned "we don't support that".

Can any of the PI insiders or experts get the word from Colwin or anyone at Ulead as to their awareness of the problem with 3rd party plugin support and if there is going to be any fix forth coming?
    IP

What plugin? And if you've got PS plugins later than version 5, you are likely out of luck. There ARE some that don't work with PI. If you've added the files that are required to make plugins work, then I'm not sure what to assume.

Enter the PhotoimpactZone!
    IP

Its a 3rd party plugin fomr AutoFX.

CCUnet
    IP

Some plugins require true PhotoShop layers to work. As you know, PI's layers are object based. That's why I never purchase a filter until I find out from the manufacturer if it will work in PI first. Many do (Blade Pro, Andromeda, Eye Candy, etc) but some don't.

Stephanie's PhotoImpact Tutorials
    PhotoImpact 8 and 7 Classes
    IP

Stephanie,
    I tried it with PI 6 and the PI 8 trial and everything seems to work fine. It may be the way their demo was set up but it did work then but it doesn't work since I installed the box version of PI8 and the full version of the Dreamsuite.

CCUnet
    IP

Stephanie, you make excellent points as usual.

It is the responsibility of a filter manufacturer to spell out, in plain language, on their site precisely what apps a filter will work with. This is especially important when a company is asking the kind of prices that AutoFX asks. Proof Testing should be done at their level, not the users, IMO.
    Why should someone waste time to download a trial when the developer should know in advance if their software will work with a particular graphics program? There aren't that many popular graphics progs out there anyway..PI, PS, PSP, CD, Painter.

Enter the PhotoimpactZone!
    IP

I have the Dreamy filter (which was free) from DreamSuite, but it wouldn't work with PI7 or PI8. I installed it as a standalone program. I wonder if you can do that with the whole collection?

Stephanie's PhotoImpact Tutorials
    PhotoImpact 8 and 7 Classes
    IP