Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

In Coreldraw I drag and copy the fills between objects. How do i do it with Xara X.

Thank you,
    Phil

With the object selected that you want to copy the fill from, press control C...Select the object to receive the copy and press Control + Shift + A...

That's it...Joel

That is very easy.

Phil

... it's the same function (paste attributes) as Joel stated, but you can also copy fills from one object to another by using the 'Edit' Control Bar (See attachment below). Note: this function will also paste transparencies, feathers etc as well as fills to the new object at the same time.

If you don't have this control bar viewable and wish to use this option, open the 'Window' Menu, click on 'Control Bars' and then click on 'Edit' in the pop-up window that appears. (The attachment below shows the Edit control bar vertically because I have it in the left hand margin, you can just drag and drop it to whichever margin/area you wish).

Regards

Su
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Edit.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	16077  
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

i'm trying to copy a graduated fill i have on some text to a rectangle, in the hope that i can then save that and recycle it in future easily. but when i copy and then paste attributes with control-c and control-shift-a it only seems to want to copy the font (it says it can't obviously). i can copy a gradient from one shape to another though. how come not a fill from text?

also, is there a way to add a graduated fill to the fills gallery? it seems to be just bitmap textures in there.

thanks a lot

i made it work in the end. i think the problem was that the text also had a contour. could this be a bug?

You can copy a fill from text to a rectangle using the above methods. The problem might be something else you've done to the text. For example if you have used a contour, the copy past attribute won't work.

Mickie

When you attempt to copy fill attributes from a contour or a bevel, etc, the attributes do not copy because in essence you are copying from a group.

If you Ctrl click on the text and then copy, when you paste attributes the fill will be pasted.

Gary