Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

My hugest sympathy to all of you facing this problem, I too have the exact same problem, yet with my old webstyle, I flew through my works with the greatest of ease!!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/eek.gif Have typed it out neatly and clearly to xara support - no reply, typed some of the other problems very clearly here on this forum back in November 2003, received ONE reply from Xara support with a promise to follow it up - Still waiting (am glad I packed lunch)So today, I wrote yet again to Xara Support requesting a refund... http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif If I hear anything back from them, will let you all know. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/mad.gif

I wonder just how many topics on here have had no success or support from Xara.

I think we should all write for a refund.

Okay here we go...I reinstalled Xara Webstyle4 YET AGAIN, still the same problems so I went to the control panel on XP, add/remove programs, clicked to remove Xara Webstyle4 and removed. I then inserted the Webstyle4 CDrom and clicked to uninstall. This seemed to pick up everything that using add/remove command had left behind. I then rebooted. I then ran the Xara Webstyle4 Cdrom and did a complete reinstall and let the program run the updates from the Xara Website, this took some time as it downloaded all updated and revised addins and templates. I then opened Webstyle4 from my programs list and was asked to reinsert the CDrom, this started another install of templates from the CDRom. I then went and tested the "save" function, it now works correctly, HOWEVER! The problem I had with Xara renaming ALL my files image(web),jpg and image(web)_thumb.jpg IS STILL THERE.XARA SUPPORT NOTE: - THESE ARE ILLEGAL FILE NAMES.NOT ACCEPTED BY SOME SERVERS! I have downloaded everything I could find on the Xara site (not that it tells you much or admits there has been MANY problems) to no avail. The only reply since Support left a message for me on this forum in November last year, has been from Bb2 (don't know if he is from support?) and unfortunately Bb2's suggestion failed. I am now officially requesting an immediate refund, have removed every trace of Webstyle4 from my system and will never again purchase from Xara after their shabby treatment of a PAYING CLIENT! I purchase software to enhance and speed up my work, not to lose TWO full website designs and spend too much of my own time trying to gain a response (AS IS MY RIGHT)from Xara. Good luck to the rest of you, I pray you obtain the assistance you require. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/frown.gif

I've had a few emails now from support and I've given them detailed information. They say, currently, they can't reproduce my problem, but continue to look. I've not heard for about a week now.

There is an offer of a refund to me, so thats something.

Hi Guys and Girls I have had this problem and never managed to get webstyle to work until now.. there are two ways to get it to work it you have installed webstyle 4 and it has copied your templetes across then to get the save button to work all you have to do is: you only do this with one directory at a time copy all the files from a directory in the templetes dir and then paste them into the directory on your C:\Program Files\Xara\Webstyle 4\WSTemplates but DO NOT OVER WRIGHT AND FILE THAT ARE ALREADY THERE just add the ones that are not do this for every dir and your problem should be solved.
    Second option if that did not work uninstall webstyle4 and download the demo version from internet install it and then click on a templete it will ask you for your xara logon details but once this has been done it will then download all the files and updates and all will work fine plus as a bonus you dont get the please insert cd box any more.
    hope this helps it worked for me. mail me if you need help.

your cd must be named xarawebstyle4

Im actually posting for a friend who can't get access rite now. but this is his problem;
    he can't save aything atall, wheen it install it copied all the files over properly (he made sure it did). save button seems to be "disabled". he's on xp home.

I think i may have a solution.
    1.) install, update
    2.) copy the template folder somewhere else
    3.) uninstall (enc registry entrys)
    4.) install it
    5.) copy the templates back over from where you copied them before.
    6.) don't update

i think that *should* work , he said it only happens after he updates.

im goin to go roud and test it out tomorrow.

caio

I tried all the reccomendations but nothing woked.. yes make fun of me, I have Webstyle 4 installed on Windows ME but I went ahead and installed it in Windows 2000, that darn blasted "SAVE" button finally worked and funny thing is, my CD ROM drive is Drive M which installed all the templates, downloaded all the templates from the site. I have ZoneAlarm Firewall and Norton Antivirus 2002 and did not had to disable any of it. I think the problem here is that Xara Webstyle 4 has a compability problem with Windows 98/ME and XP.

I also get this issue. I uninstalled WebStyle 4 and reinstalled. This software has TOO MANY BUGS!!
    Please visit my website at: http://www.jenerationz.com