Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Done all this but situation still the same.
    ???????????????
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bb2:
    Have you tried uninstalling webstyle and re-installing? If you installed of your CD then leave it within your drive when you first run webstyle and the templates will be copied of the CD and onto your PC.

Then click on update webstyle. This will cause the program to check the online resources to see if you are entitled to any additional temnplates and allow them to be downloaded.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It seems many of you are having the same problem. Trt turning off and Anti Virus programs or any fiewall programs you have unti installed and updated. Trust me those pieces of software cause real havoc at install time.

Good Luck

I have to disagree with this in my own instance.
    My system is the same today as it was when the software operated without a problem.

??

What is the exact situation for you toproboy?

Is the problem with edited templates saved within your project folders or templates loaded from the CD? Alternatively is the program working as expected after installing from the CD but problems are encountered after clicking on update webstyle and downloading the additional templates?

Also going from chickenmans suggestion what software applications do you have enabled at installation time? Also what OS are you running ?

The problem is with Edited Templates I guess.
    I save a project then try to edit, and don't get the save option. I'm able to Edit, but like I say, No Save.

No problems with additional templates as I have them all from the cd Auto Installed.

I have lots of software enabled in the sense that I have Office 2000 etc and I'm running on Win2K.

I have an AV package from www.grisoft.com. Been installed before and worked before. My prob came when I left WS as I didn't think it good value and had probs. Then sometime later had to refresh Win2k, which meant registry needed programs to reinstall. DId that and it didn't work when sometime later came back to see if things had improved. Removed it from system, rebooted and reinstalled completely. Now its worse than before methinks.

Also tried it with Grisoft "gone" , but still no good.

y everytime when i RUN XARA WEBSTYLE 4
    then it pop up 1 window sayin
    "In order to use Webstyle 4,you need to insert your webstyle 4 cd"

i had copy all da templates from cd into da webstyle folder.(i use copy n paste maually coz it wont auto copy for me)

i m using win xp pro.
    i also follow Chickenman instuction>>turn off anti virus prog. then i uninstall n reinstall webstyle 4
    ....it stil da same problem i face...

n i had try install webstyle 4 into another pc usin win2k.. it also hav dis problem..

izzit da cd problem???

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ttik:
    y everytime when i RUN XARA WEBSTYLE 4

i had copy all da templates from cd into da webstyle folder.(i use copy n paste maually coz it wont auto copy for me)

i m using win xp pro.
    i also follow Chickenman instuction>>turn off anti virus prog. then i uninstall n reinstall webstyle 4
    ....it stil da same problem i face...

n i had try install webstyle 4 into another pc usin win2k.. it also hav dis problem..

izzit da cd problem???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This will never work! If you copy the templates manually to the wstemplates folder then you will encounter all the problems you have mentioned.

So your actual problem is that the templates are not being copied of the CD. After you have installed ws4, you still have the CD in its drive and you start webstyle. The program does not request you to copy the templates of the CD. AM i correct?

If yes what drive letter is your CD drive mapped to?

You are correct in this for "ttik", but I don't have that problem. My files copy automatically.

Hope it solves his, but nothing has come close to solving mine.

Thanks though.
    Robert

yes...The program does not request me to copy the templates of the CD.

my CD drive is E.

izzit da drive letter can solve dis problem below??
    when everytime i RUN XARA WEBSTYLE 4

how can i solve da cd drive letter problem???

has anyone solved this because i have same problem