Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Greetings.

I know that both Cool 3D and Xara 3D are for 3D text titles and I'm looking for the best in the text/logo designing category. So, my question is, which one is the best for that???

I asked if Ulead Cool 3D was any good in the other forum, but no one answered. I saw the post that someone had said that they thought that UC3D is better and someone else said that X3D was better. So, can someone tell me??? Oh, and can you provide examples of work done in each program if possible??

Thanks for your time.

Ricardo J. Swift
    IP

Greetings.

I know that both Cool 3D and Xara 3D are for 3D text titles and I'm looking for the best in the text/logo designing category. So, my question is, which one is the best for that???

I asked if Ulead Cool 3D was any good in the other forum, but no one answered. I saw the post that someone had said that they thought that UC3D is better and someone else said that X3D was better. So, can someone tell me??? Oh, and can you provide examples of work done in each program if possible??

Thanks for your time.

Ricardo J. Swift
    IP

Hi RJ,

I've been using Xara3D4 for a little over a year, and I've been using Cool 3D for about a week. So there is a lack of experience in the latter program.

The following images were created with the same textures and default font. Also I left all other settings at their respective dafaults, except for the size of the output image. I set both programs to output 500 pixel by 240 pixel.

The Xara3D4 image is attached to this post and I'll follow with the Cool 3D in another post.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Now for the Cool 3D image using the same textures.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

I have no experience with Xara3D, but I have used C3D. It's a solid program, and does FAR more than titling. Virtually anywhere your mind wanders, it can take you there.

http://www.photoimpactzone.com
    IP

hey I have used both programs and I realy like computers I will tell u that 100% Ulead COOL 3D is alot better than Xara 4 and 5, ULEAD HAS A BIG DIFFRENCE 2 THE EFFECTS IT IS BETTER BIG TIME SO GIVE ULEAD A GO
    IP

Well, if I was a new user to these programs, had stumbled accross this thread and was primarily looking to create 3Dd text then I would choose the nicest looking, and in this case it would be Xara3D...

For 3D text creation ya gotta admit that it truly gets no easier than Xara3D... period... there really is no ground to argue on this one... until this latest release I had done most of my 3D text in Simply3D... because it is also very easy to create with... but Xara3D is quicker and offers more bevel choices... good enough... I welcome Xara3D to my toolbox... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Beyond text, well if 3D creation is what you are after then it all really comes down to the application of the 3D object you are creating... if it is simply going to be merged into a 2D enviroment then I guess any app that you are friendly with, that allows for the creation you have in mind, will do... and C3D does allow for some pretty cool stuff to be created... in the right hands...

this said, I havta suggest that for my own purposes, if I am going to be spending a lot of time creating a 3D object or project I will do so in a proper 3D app that will allow for 3D exporting... pretty straight forward concept to digest...

So there you have it... I am not going to be married to one company or another... I like Ulead's PhotoImpact, always have... so I use it... but I am not about to suggest that ULead truly has all of the answers in all of thier products... simply because I know that this isn't so... same goes with Xara, Adobe, Corel etc... if you are merely jumping on some companies bandwagon because of some emotional attachment or peer preasure then... well good luck... who knows, maybe they will hire you... though I doubt such is the case... lol

In my mind it is all about using products that work well in the ways you require... period.

If some product is not up to snuff and everybody boosts it anyways, well, that really is not doing anybody any good... the companies need truthful feedback so they can better design a product people are happy with... least ways that's what I figure... if someone else has a better take on this I would love to hear it...

Gidgit
    IP

Ahh My thread from February has a new life. Now, there's only 7 more to go! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Yep, Gig, you are on point once again! All apps I feel have something to offer. I am a text/logo man. I have an obsession with it. I was just looking for the best text app. Of course, I would help if they could export my work as .psd that would RULE! Then, it probably wouldn't matter WHAT text-app I used. Though, I would still want the best I could find. Price, or no price. To this day, though, I'm still undecided. I'm looking to try the v.5 of Xara 3D.

RJ [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
    IP