Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

hi, i saw this picture and i was wondering how the artist made the effect that everything was 'pouring' into the black hole.

im pretty sure it is a distort filter but i can't even come close and im not sure where to begin.

Here's the picture -Digital Black Hole

thanks for any help.

note. im pretty experienced with photoshop, like i know where tools are and such.

And when he closed the door, the broken sounds of the willow danced in his head
    IP

hi, i saw this picture and i was wondering how the artist made the effect that everything was 'pouring' into the black hole.

im pretty sure it is a distort filter but i can't even come close and im not sure where to begin.

Here's the picture -Digital Black Hole

thanks for any help.

note. im pretty experienced with photoshop, like i know where tools are and such.

IP

Hi Perception...

Actually it looks to me to be a lot of 2 specific filters:

Motion Blur (filter/blur...)

and

Radial Blur / "Zoom" (filter/blur...)

The creator apears to have selected specific areas of the image and then applied these 2 filters to those areas. Which one he/she used depended on the type of effect desired for each area of the image.

Play around with these filters on a photo and see how they behave.

"The lessons to be learned, are found along the path of your journey, not at your final destination. That is only where you will rest, between lessons"
    IP

thank you.

stroker on the fxzone forums created a cool effect almost the same as it.

www.eyeball-design.com/fzxone
    forums
    photoshop tips and tutorials
    digital balck hole

here's what i got, sadly as it is.

http://www.geocities.com/dictionarypimp/manisuck.jpg

and the url is just so my friend let me host it. i would never put any 'bad' links on the net.

[This message was edited by Perception on March 16, 2002 at 20:30.]
    IP

Well then... that's a pretty vague explanation to that effect huh? hehee Sounds to me like those instructions could produce a wide number of different effects -- and only a small number of those being even close to the effect you're asking about. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Perception why don't you take this question over to my board? http://photoshopgurus.info/forum
    Ask specifically about how you might apply specific filters to create the effects seen in the image. I can almost guarantee you you'll get a more descriptive explanation of possible techniques. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

"The lessons to be learned, are found along the path of your journey, not at your final destination. That is only where you will rest, between lessons"
    IP