Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any particular reason why html is switched off? I find it much easier to format my messages with html than with UBB, so I'd be grateful for that little user-friendly feaure, if I may be so bold [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Any particular reason why html is switched off? I find it much easier to format my messages with html than with UBB, so I'd be grateful for that little user-friendly feaure, if I may be so bold [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Frank:

what would you like to include in your messages that need HTML? Fo the most part, we keep it turned off to keep people from getting a little too crazy with the size of their posts (some people are just too gung ho about things).

Any specific need you have for it?

T

As I said, I find it a lot easier to use html to format the text of my posts. I also have an html sig file which I have to remember to switch off when posting to this forum although I can use it on the other forums I post to. Having html is not going to affect 99% of the posts around here because it appears that most people are over the age of 12 and tend not to use the word 'kewl' or 'dud' too much (I just know I'm going to regret having said that! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img])

Let's face it... this is a graphics forum and if somebody abuses their priviledges, that's what we have moderators for, surely? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

--

See what I mean? I automatically typed <b></b> a few lines up and... sheeeesh!
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

So that is why my <br> comments showed up. Funny, I use the <br> thing alot in my messages to force info to the next line. So Big Frank is not the only dud that uses HTML around here.

Why should HTML lead folk into 'getting a little too crazy with the size of their posts'? For my money, it merely provides the options to express yourself clearly! UBB is all very well, but allows fewer choices and can be a nightmare if you come back to edit a message... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

That said, to force a line break or two in these forums, just hit 'enter' as required:

Like this...

And this...

And this...

And it seems to come out how you typed it!

<p>Peter</p>

<p><a href="http://www.petestack.com/" target="_blank">Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</a></p>

PS Forgot about my signature, but I'm leaving it here as a protest! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

PPS How about graves, acutes, copyright, registered and trademark signs, or any other similar entities for a start? And does the UBB list produce an ordered list or an unordered list? (Why worry when HTML gives you the choice? And yes, I've used most of these things in nice, short messages...)

[This message was edited by Peter Duggan on April 04, 2001 at 10:41 AM.]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> That said, to force a line break or two in these forums, just hit 'enter' as required: <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah yes...you are right. The <br> thingy let me do list items with out having double lined spacing. But interesting enough, normally you need to do a double enter when making a new paragraph. This is not the case with the HTML off. But I digress

Wonder how the quote thing will work with HTML off. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

well at least the quote thing does work

Gary?
    <bold>Gary?</bold>
    <shouting now>Gary!</shouting now>

I wonder if Gary heard....? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

--
    Big Frank
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

I've enabled HTML for the 3D graphics forum. Give it a whirl to see if it works as currently, both HTML and UBB are on and I'm not exactly sure what hiccups may ensue.

<HTML>
    Thomas
    </HTML>