Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have tried to create relative links (E.g. /home.html), but when I mouse off the URL field in the design tool, it changes it from a forward slash to a backslash, and causes my links to look like this: http://my.site/menu/file:////home.html.

I tried looking through the online help system, but didn't see anything addressing this. Any help is appreciated.

I have tried to create relative links (E.g. /home.html), but when I mouse off the URL field in the design tool, it changes it from a forward slash to a backslash, and causes my links to look like this: http://my.site/menu/file:////home.html.

I tried looking through the online help system, but didn't see anything addressing this. Any help is appreciated.

Relative works fine for me... look for the relative links under button 1

http://www.draginet.com/loricanon/index.html

../index.html

index.html

I'm not sure I used the correct wording in my question. When I say relative link, I mean based from the webroot, and not from the current folder.

For example, I usually create a navigation menu that has links to various sections from the root of the site, like so:

Home = /index.html
    Stuff = /stuff
    Work = /stuff/work/foo.html

This way, the links work regardless of what folder you're currently in.

If you could take a moment and open the link above, you see a tool bar. Under button 1, there are several links. the last two are relative links...

index.html

and

../index.html

The first one takes you to where you are, the second takes you to the root index page. So, yes relative links do work in MM.

PS... Welcome to talkgraphics. I try to help, but I am a smart A$$...

Just ask anyone here.

Yes, I saw the two links.

However, I still don't think you understand what I am asking.

The ../index.html link will take you to the root index page, but if I put that in an include, and it is on a page that's three folders deep, it no longer takes you to the root index. I need /index.html, not ../index.html. In other words, the links need to be relative to the root, not the current page.

Thanks for your help.

Hi LqdEngineer,

Did you try ummm 3 dots? .../index.html. If that doesn't work, try a base tag. <base href=http://www.disisroot.com >

Nope, unfortunately neither of those methods work either. I e-mailed support, hopefully they will be able to clarify whether MM supports this functionality.

How Many Levels of nested directories do you do?

I don't know specifically how many I will use. I am just trying not to lock myself into using only X amount of nested folders. If I come back in a year and decide to add a new subfolder, the menu shouldn't have to be remade, or if I want to use a similar menu on another site, the same applies.

I just don't see how you could add the menu to a page via an include and not need to have the links be relative to something other than the current URL, since you really have no idea what the current URL is going to be.