Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Suggestions needed!

Actually I should title this "Hair" because that is how it all started. I was playing around with the yatch brush stroke, did a a curly line changed it to ocher and yellow duplicated it by 1 pixel multiple times and I had HAIR! Naturally since I had done this amazing thing I had to put the hair on something. <grin>

The rose is from Ivan's roses clip art download in the Xara Xone. It was given to her by my Xara Dude, in hopes of getting a date....sorry Dude you aren't her type.

The flowers on her head is a brush I created

Anyhow I had a terrible time with the hand behind the vase, I really don't think it would look that white. I also had a terrible time with it's shape and wanted to go into Painter and just paint it and then import it. BUT decided, no, this is going to be totally Xara, san the two bitmap fills.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flowerg.jpg 
Views:	377 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	11640  

Suggestions needed!

Actually I should title this "Hair" because that is how it all started. I was playing around with the yatch brush stroke, did a a curly line changed it to ocher and yellow duplicated it by 1 pixel multiple times and I had HAIR! Naturally since I had done this amazing thing I had to put the hair on something. <grin>

The rose is from Ivan's roses clip art download in the Xara Xone. It was given to her by my Xara Dude, in hopes of getting a date....sorry Dude you aren't her type.

The flowers on her head is a brush I created

Anyhow I had a terrible time with the hand behind the vase, I really don't think it would look that white. I also had a terrible time with it's shape and wanted to go into Painter and just paint it and then import it. BUT decided, no, this is going to be totally Xara, san the two bitmap fills.

Hi Judi,

Very nice drawing. I vaguely remember hearing that the human hand is the most difficult thing to draw. It's been over 40 years since I was in art class [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] so my memory isn't too sharp. You've done a good job. The colour would tend to be a blue tint because the hand is behind the vase, which shows a bluish tone.

Soquili [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

A very nice drawing Judi. I like your colour choice for the background - it makes the girls hair look really good. A nice romantic feel in the scence! I like it!

Hands are tricky... yours look just fine to me.

My hands are normally a circle with a smaller circle on top; less aggrevation that way [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I admire people that have the patience to fight with details!

Risto

Hello Judy,

your hairs are very nice!

And the name of the rose you used is 'Omar Khayyam'; it is dedicated to a great persian poet. I have it in my rose garden. And you have applied exactly the right color to it! Sadly XaraX doesn't permit to apply perfume too. It's a kind of "Damask" rose and one of the most fantastic smell I know.

Kind regards,

ivan

Yes your wonderful image does bring back poignent memories [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Well done. Especially the hand behind the glass vase.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Even So Humble...

Whew! glad the hand looks okay, I really got fixated on it so when I looked at the picture that is all I saw. At least it was the left hand, so I could look at mine while drawing.

Ivan, I'm amazed that the flower is the right color. It was a little bright, so I applied a flat transparency to it, which darkened it some. It's nice to know they still breed (is that the right word for plants?) fragrant roses. Which reminds me, I remember years ago (so okay it was decades ago) when I was a teen "smell-o-vision" was suppose to be just around the corner in the tech world.

Judi

Hello Judi,

sorry for the "y" I have typed at the end of your name; I get it often at the beginning of mine (Yvan) !!! Yes, the breeders (you are right) create well perfumed roses these 10 or 15 latest years. And me too; I obtained 'Coriandre' which is an hybrid between an american native wild rose, Rosa palustris, and a japanese one, Rosa rugosa. The very interesting fact is that it has the perfume of the american one, which is very reminding coriander seeds. Another one of my perfumed creation is 'Paula Vapelle' (this is the name of my mother), which is a seedling of the spinosissima hybrid 'Stanwell Perpetual'. 'Paula Vapelle' has a very strong and volatile perfume reminding orange candy, and it is perpetual flowering! Actually these two roses aren't widely commercially distributed, but if you are interested to obtain them at next fall (and other ones I have created), call "Lens Roses" after 19 h (belgian hour) at +32 59 26 78 30.
    About 'Omar Khayyam', it was raised in England in the XXth century from a seed collected on a shrub on the tomb of Omar Khayyam, in northern Iran. Thus this is not a true modern rose.
    The color on your rose is absolutely good for the kind of luminosity of your image.

(I hope I was not too long).

Kind regards,

ivan

Don't worry about it. I guess Judy is a name known world wide.

I came to this conclusion when I worked for a company where I did quite a bit of faxing to customers all over the world from South America, Europe, to Japan. The reply would always come back "Dear Judy"

They probably all saw The Wizard of Oz.

Thank you for your interesting information. If you ever get to the U.S. you will have to visit the "Rose City" (Portland) in my state of Oregon.