Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Ordered and just received the XaraX CD’s

I have always been a pixel pusher and using vector based programs has been counter intuitive to me. I’m thrilled to have been able, at least, to point XaxaX in the right direction “directly out of the box”.

I still haven’t figured out how to load my own bit maps in the gallery yet and the animation isn’t quite the way I wanted, but I guess they never are completed. Brings to mind a quote..“Art (animation) is never finished, just abandoned.”

I am truly awed by the metal and transparent glass disks that so many have posted in this form, not to mention the cars, faces, brushes etc. I real inspiration! ( Are you sure all that stuff was done in XaraX? ;-)

I look forward to Gary’s glass disk tutorial. Thanks for your XaraX zeal!

Bob C.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ordered and just received the XaraX CD’s

I have always been a pixel pusher and using vector based programs has been counter intuitive to me. I’m thrilled to have been able, at least, to point XaxaX in the right direction “directly out of the box”.

I still haven’t figured out how to load my own bit maps in the gallery yet and the animation isn’t quite the way I wanted, but I guess they never are completed. Brings to mind a quote..“Art (animation) is never finished, just abandoned.”

I am truly awed by the metal and transparent glass disks that so many have posted in this form, not to mention the cars, faces, brushes etc. I real inspiration! ( Are you sure all that stuff was done in XaraX? ;-)

I look forward to Gary’s glass disk tutorial. Thanks for your XaraX zeal!

Bob C.

Hello Bob C

Not too bad for a pixel pusher. Really! (I'm just being a smart ass).

I can't vouch for the others but all my images were done entirely in Xara.

To get your images into the Bitmap Gallery, import the image into Xara. A copy is automatically placed in the bitmap gallery. And even if you delete the imported image, the image remains in the gallery until you save the file and close the document. At which time if the image is not used in the document, Xara dumps it.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Even So Humble...

Thanks Gary! So if I understand what you said:
    1. Import my custom bitmap into an open file I'm working on in Xara. It then gets "auto stored"

2. Delete the newly imported custom file, it will remain in the Bitmap Gallery.

3. That new custom image can now be used as a fill in the current working open document. Great!

Flying Rice Krispies? It must be heading for the MilkyWay! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Bob C.