Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2D challenge

I love your idea.... This is more the style of art I am familiar with.

So, here's my two cents....

daflip - Dale, the frame looks great. It looks like burl wood from the root of a walnut tree! The painting is equally as nice. great job.

Jack
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Abstract.jpg 
Views:	695 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	16894  

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Re: my submission - those aren't shadows they are blurry shapes! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

but I gave it a shot [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] ...

---As The Crow Flies---
    Maya

Name:	shapes.jpg 
Views:	609 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	10633  
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

... with glasses, bow-tie and a yellow, purple and teal set of teeth. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

How's that for a title? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Steve - you find this tricky!? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Dale - you second design looks great!

Maya - it needs a really "Artsy Fartsy" title and it is perfect! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!

Name:	selfportrait.gif 
Views:	603 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	8933  

... and my try...can't believe I got the spot after Risto [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] It's like someone who only sings in the shower being on stage with Manhattan Transfer (one of my favorite groups).

This weekend I caught an animated short on one of the movie channels called "The Dot and the Line" it won an Oscar in 1965. The cartoon is from a book by Norton Juster (he also wrote the Phantom Tollbooth). It's the story of a line who falls in love with a dot. However the dot thinks the line is too rigid. She goes for the squiggle who she sees as free spirited. The line decides he must try to be less rigid and he learns to make an angle and eventually control curves etc.

When the line demonstrates his abilities to the dot, she realizes that true beauty comes from discipline and that the squiggle is not for her.

Moral: To the Vector belong the spoils

I've been trying to find out if the cartoon is going to be shown again but have had no luck. You should be able to find the book at the library though.

End of ramble...

Mickie

Name:	2d.jpg 
Views:	579 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	18719  

Ross - blurry shapes? Yeah right! (whatever you say, Mr. 3D) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Risto - exactly what I was hoping for! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] Whimsy in the Risto style, and really great colors, too. And thanks for the compliment on my second design. It has a certain something that I like, too, and simplicity.

Maya - who says you're not good at 2D? I like your image! The fun thing about this type of image, is that you can start a new image and go in a completely different direction from the last one, and let the image, as it develops, suggest the next additional element. Very spontaneous.

Dale F - thanks for the larger image. Good colors!

Jack - I like your colors, too. Lots of "motion" implied.

Mickie - what a different concept than the others! Really great, but did a frog get caught in your hard drive or something? I saw that short film "The Dot and the Line" many years ago, and enjoyed it as much as you did.

Thanks to all for being up to the challenge! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    I've thoroughly enjoyed your images!

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

You make it look soo easy!
    I can try, but it is not my forte at all! I'm gonna have to get some design theory classes in sometime, you've got it down pat [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

This item is a study in the recently revived ancient science of evolutionary astroXartography. With careful observation, and some grounding in this esoteric science, one can see within this cryptic diagram a hieroglyphic rendering of the universal question whose answer is 42, and the knowledge of which solves all the mysteries of life, the universe, and everything (anyone here read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trilogy?). [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

G.

Name:	QuickshapeStudy.jpg 
Views:	525 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	631  
    There are two kinds of people in the world: those who think there are two kinds of people in the world, and those who don’t.

Does this work? You know, this would be a bear to create on a canvas... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"Wherever you go, there you are."

Randy Allen

Name:	2DArt.jpg 
Views:	499 
Size:	125.8 KB 
ID:	15712  
    "Wherever you go, there you are."
    Randy Allen

Randy Allen Photography

and FUN designs!!! This 2D thread has been so much fun and I love everyone's images!!! Glad I stopped back to peek and see if any more were added! Glen and Randy those are both terrific--yes, they work!!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Very interesting to study all the patterns, colors, composition--Cool!!! Love the humor too [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] !

---As The Crow Flies---
    Maya
    P.S. Glen I am a fan of Douglas Adams books [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ---"So long, and thanks for all the fish!".... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain