Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Ok, I know this isn't a graphics app but I just got opera 6 (used opera for years) and after a couple minutes it seems really great. One cool new thing is if you double click on a word on a page, a menu with such things as translation, dictionary (etc...) appears .... that's kindof cool as I'm often looking things up.

http://www.opera.com/

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com

Ok, I know this isn't a graphics app but I just got opera 6 (used opera for years) and after a couple minutes it seems really great. One cool new thing is if you double click on a word on a page, a menu with such things as translation, dictionary (etc...) appears .... that's kindof cool as I'm often looking things up.

http://www.opera.com/

Opera is good - except for one goddamn thing, which renders it near-useless. When it imports Favorites/Bookmarks from NN/IE, it messes them up royally: it alphabetizes all the entries!!! So then all your organization, accumulatd over years of surging, is gone. And it's damn awkward to edit its Bokkmarks too.

I love it for its speed and size, but hate it for the above reason. So I tend to surf with IE 6.

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Hmmm , I don't really use IE much now so my favorites are from Opera anyway. Yeah you can drag them around in IE and in Opera they are alphabetical but I guess it doesn't bug me.

One thing I'm so used to are the mouse gestures in Opera .... right click and move left and it goes to the previous page , right and it goes forward (along with other gestures).

And another great thing is that you can take a look at the code of a frames page directly.
    Indeed, it isn't perfect, but the more I know about Microsoft and the hidden files in Windows, the less I use Explorer. In fact: except for uploading images and Internet banking Explorer stays closed.

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.

The best thing I've noticed about Opera 6 is that it renders n and m dashes correctly instead of changing them to hyphens like Opera 5!

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>