Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

that I have been working on for 6 months. Finished and satisfied!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

NOW I can get more serious about learning PI!! Happy, happy, joy, joy!!!

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

It's located here in the Talk Graphics Gallery. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

http://www.imira.com/Album/photo.asp...0810&ImgType=0
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    IP

It's very nice, Richard, what did you use?

Enter the PhotoimpactZone!
    IP

I used a mixture of PhotoPaint and XaraX to create the image.

First I did a sketch, scanned it onto the hard drive then imported it into PhotoPaint. Worked out all the kinks and refined it. Then I exported it as a .tiff and then imported it into XaraX which I did all the seperating of areas, using the tools of: 'Freehand' and 'slice (cut) shapes'. I then exported one object at a time, one nice feature of XaraX is that you can do this with a page full of objects, if you select one object that is the one that is exported!! So I exported the "main body", the "wing" and then the "wing top".

I then, tried as I may (out of practice with my drawing skills (BAD BOY!!) could NOT for the life of me, draw the hands the way I wanted them positioned (you know of any good reference books on hands and feet??) so I took a digital picture of me praying and scanned that onto the hard drive, back into XaraX and cut away the rest of the picture except for the hands, then exported them as transparent .gif, then imported that into PhotoPaint and merged it with the finished drawing of the angels body.

Then the fun began, I painted and painted and painted and tore my hair out, lost sleep dreaming about painting [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img].

Then the face. All done as objects. The facial skin area, the lips, eyes, eyebrows and hair were all objects. I wanted a very smooth face and I needed to work with the smudge tool, allot!!! (I guess in PI that is the blur tool?? right??) and the smear tool, so no dark areas would be in the way.

Then I started on the wings, the biggest challenge, (during this process I moved my residence of 16 years so I had to take about a 2 month break, so all-in-all the process was about 4 months total excluding the break) I tried them in XaraX, Nope!! Then I tried them in PhotoPaint, Nope!! Then I tried doing a mixture of creation between the two programs..Wa La!!

Once I had all the parts finished then I exported everything as .tiff's and then carefully cut them away the background in XaraX, zooming everthing up to where I could get exact lines cut so they are smooth as they could be, I call it: "vectorizing".

I started put things in place and started with the background and halo. I then added more to the eyes, created shadow, the background (using layers and layers of fractal plazma and lots of variated colors and then some stars up on the top area (THAT was fun!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]), the mat, the frame, the trim on the robe, the halo, the streaming light, the light disk she is elevated on and the blue glow around her completed, grouped form.

So the whole thing took a really long time and it was worth it. I learned ALLOT from using both programs. I'm sure I took allot of "long ways around" to get certain tasks done but that is all part of the process, learning and perfecting technique!!!

Aren't ya glad you asked?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]~

http://www.imira.com/Album/photo.asp...0810&ImgType=0

[This message was edited by RAMWolff on July 04, 2002 at 10:35.]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    IP

Remind me not to ask you a real technical question there Richard... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

just joshing there bud... real cool worx... looks alot like our little "crow spirit"... wow talking about cosmic envisioning... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

This must have been alot of fun for you... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Looking forward to viewing your next worx... keep it up there R... the work I mean hehe [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    IP

Richard, thats why I use PI. Eases the process...

Enter the PhotoimpactZone!
    IP