Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Yes Judi in both of my examples the two quickshapes were centered. The uppermost ones are smaller. Giving the QuickShapes an outline colour creates all the lines in the blend. They also look interesting with no line colour or just one with a line colour. The possibilities are almost endless.

Regards, Ross

PS - Raffon's example gives an idea of what can happen when the quickshapes aren't centered. That's neat too. Play. Play. Play...

That must (might?) be why when you view a blend in wireframe you only see the original objects. They must only become actual objects if you change the blend to editable shapes and ungroup.I'm glad to hear that blends don't increase the file size, I didn't know that.
    Judi A

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Judi - I'm sure you are right about the wireframe thing. Convert one to editable shapes and you will see all the objects in wireframe. Your file size can increase dramatically too.

The new clipview tool probably can be used to make blends more practical. For example: I'v long used blends to quickly draw things like brick coursing lines on a brick wall. Without clipview I'd convert those blends to editable shapes and the edit them to the shape of the wall where i needed them. I haven't tried it but with clipview I could create a shape that is the wall profile and have clipped the blend which wouldn't need to be converted to editable shapes.

I don't know if that makes sense. I suppose my point is that the next time you are about to convert a blend to editable shapes, stop and consider if the clipview tool could save that blend's life.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>