Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Whomever...whatever group of insane fanatics...leveled the World Trade Centers, crashed the Pentagon with stolen commercial airliners...might be pretty smart, 'cause this was a well-planned attack.

But we Americans WILL find the parties responsible, and they WILL pay with their blood, their country and their souls.

NOBODY DOES THIS TO THE UNITED STATES.

Gary David Bouton
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.

Whomever...whatever group of insane fanatics...leveled the World Trade Centers, crashed the Pentagon with stolen commercial airliners...might be pretty smart, 'cause this was a well-planned attack.

But we Americans WILL find the parties responsible, and they WILL pay with their blood, their country and their souls.

NOBODY DOES THIS TO THE UNITED STATES.

Gary David Bouton
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

I just hope everyone makes sure that they know who "They" is first.

After the Oklahoma City bombing, a local mosque recieved bomb threats. This is one of my dear friends house of worship. This is a friend who fed me when I was broke. I felt very ashamed that that happened, especially after the truth was out and it turned out to be Americans who did it.

In other words, people - lets keep our heads.

Sharon P.
    www.fischerpassmoredesign.com

Agreed. I'm not about to go on a lynching for the murderers of tens of thousands of Americans... and others... in one fell swoop. We need to know who's responsible, and let the world decide.

I'm sorry for the tone of my first message (right after it happened), but I'm an American (a liberal ACLU-type one, FYI), and my country has been scarred by knaves. The bottom third of the biggest city in America has been wiped out.

I have friends in NYC and the telephone lines are dead, as are the cel phones. People all over our country are being asked to donate blood at their Red Cross. I used to live in this town that's now a mass of sorrow and confusion.

Here's some pictures of what happened, and a picture of what's left on the lower part of Manhattan.

Gary

[This message was edited by Gary David Bouton on September 11, 2001 at 11:48.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	What_is_left.jpg 
Views:	448 
Size:	132.9 KB 
ID:	18898  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

I want to trade my lousy passport for a Greencard and join the forces to slice the bastards who initiated this terror.

Is it the time to use the nuclear bomb to erase all moslem and fanatics?

If America needs support, count me in.

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://jens.highspeedweb.net
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Jens,

Believe me as you are my brother in the brotherhood of civilized mankind--

I have artifical hips...and yet I wanted to limp right down to my local recruiting station and do the obvious thing...enlist.

But as my anger turned to tears, and I realize that I've been spending all day watching the gruesomeness over and over--America was founded upon tolerance. And with tolerance comes prudent thought. We have the destructive capability to fry the entire Earth 32 times over. Obviously, this is not a time to act without prudence--fair and calm judgement. The perpetrators WILL be found...there's literally no place on Earth to hide, you know? And when they are caught, I know I would not feel avenged if they were hung by their goodies for around a week in the desert. Nothing can bring back the thousands who were killed. No words can reach the grief-stricken mothers and children when daddy or mommy doesn't come home tonight.

Right now, Joe Bynam, someone I really respect and should have been US President a long time ago, is telling Capital Hill that tomorrow should operate just like today for America. We don't lay down and die OR bomb who we *think* committed this atrocity.

Already, the world...I mean the fucking WORLD, you know? has condemned this act(s).

You know what I'm going to do? I'm going out tomorrow and go to a hardware store and buy a flagpole and dig as deep in my front yard as I need to, with my bare hands if necessary, and lift the American flag to half-mast as our sign of national grievance.

And I don't think it's going to fly at full mast for a long time, friends.

"All we are saying, is give Peace a chance."

My Best,
    Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	035john_L.jpg 
Views:	431 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	12603  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Gary, I too have lived in New York, and felt like my hometown had been hit. I lived five blocks from the Empire State Bulding.

I have a huge flagpole and a US flag here in my house in Sweden. And the US flag has been hoisted half-mast ever since I heard of this horror. It's the first time ever I have done that, and hope I will never have to hoist it half-way again.

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Hi Klaus & all--

The images are still streaming in from the news services, and I'm getting a little nauseus now viewing the carnage and near carnage.

I was an art director for a good part of the 70s and 80s in NYC (17 years all told), and I felt when I left for upstate (I'm a 5 hour drive from Manhattan) that I had left my mark...that for all the culture I absorbed, I left a little or myself there. You never *really* leave New York, as they say.

Fortunately, we have one of the best microsurgery centers in the world here, and helicopters are shipping the most badly damaged people up here for treatment. Wounds from being crushed were the worst, and they'll get expert treatment here.

A little piece of me is crying tonight (that same piece, I expect, that never left NYC), me and my wife, safe in the suburbs where everything is wonderful, and I cannot feel more detached from my "safety".

And I can't make this awful scar stop hurting.

-g
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com

Ok, I just got done writing a very hatefull message, upon reading it again I figured it would do no good to America or the rest of the world, so this is what I have to say on this tragedy

I will agree with you all. Thinking and watching about this simply makes me sick and sends chills down my spine, it has me and I'm sure the rest of the world completely stunned and scared. I was in school while this happened and watched the live footage from our room. Everyone was very confused and had no idea what was going on.
    I was seriously thinking the time had come and God was going to sweep us up to heaven for the time had arrived, and it may yet happen soon, who knows!

I'm not very proud of this, but I hope those responsible for this TERRIBLE act pays with their life, they deserve it.

But all thoughts of revenge and hatred aside, let us all just join together as a community, and a family and pray for those who were there, families of those, America, and the rest of the world. If there's nothing more we need at a time like this, it's unnity: there's nothing better than the support of friends and even those you don't know. I pray to God to help us through this time of trouble, and to make those responsible pay.

Amen

Steve Newpor
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

I grew up on long Island. My father was a fireman. His best friend was a fireman. His friend is retired now but his two sons are NYFD. One was supposed to be off today (he went in obviously) but one was on duty at the time, just in time to be among the first on the scene, after the plane crash but before the bulding collapse. At the moment he is missing. His father, my Dad,s friend has gone into the city and he isn't coming home till he finds him.

I am very afraid right now, but somehow it scares me even more when I read that jens g.r. benthien writes:
    "Is it the time to use the nuclear bomb to erase all moslem and fanatics?"

I say to you, jen, that this is the EXACT same thinking that these murderers have displayed. to judge an entire religious group on the behavior of a handfull of crazies is religious persecution. This country was founded by people who were escaping that type of evil. They came here for religious freedom and I will support other's religious freedom with my last breath.

Let me point out also, that if these criminals were in fact, moslem, they sure didn't spend too much time in their mosque. Ghandi said something about how people fighting should spend alot more time on their prayer mats.

I, for one, am going to pray alot, for Americans, and for my friend brandon who is missing, and also for the thousands of imigrants who must be living in terror right now.

Sharon P.
    www.fischerpassmoredesign.com