Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon update

Ok here are some new Dragon pics,after much blood sweat and swearing [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dragon4.jpg 
Views:	388 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	17478  

Ok here are some new Dragon pics,after much blood sweat and swearing [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.

Name:	Dragon5.jpg 
Views:	355 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	5827  

Name:	Dragon6.jpg 
Views:	355 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	13963  

I still have a tongue to model and some eyes,and the top of the legs needs some shaping [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.

Looking real good Stu. Lots of hard work, but it is definetely worth it.

--Randy

I would have gone insane by now!

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

That's lookin' great Stu! You've put a lot of attention to the detail. What's the poly count on that thing? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Stu made it again! It looks G R E A T . If I would have to model that dragon, chance would be extremely hight that you would find me on a shrinks couch after 3 days ;-}

Great job Stu, really. I wish I had your nerves and stamina <sigh>. The girl I modeled almost drove me mad, but your dragon has muscles and knees and great joints and all the nine yards.

You can be lucky to run C4D on a Mac - imagine someone with a win98 machine - he would have surrendered after the 4th crash or blue screen ;-}

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://jens.highspeedweb.net

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Randy - thanks it was a real mission,it seemed like I was forever modelling a new piece.Every part on that thing had three rebuilds or re tweaks before I was happy with it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Steve - Thanks bud insanity was not far off,it was starting to get really tedious going over and over one area again again [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks Earl,last time I checked it was around 11000 I think [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] .......hey you inspired me to carry on with this model Earl after our Dragon thread [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

jens thanks bud [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ,I think this prototype took about 6 weeks actually of around 6 hours a day when I could stand the sight of it that is [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

For texturing I am going to go with 2048 x 2048 or do you think I should go higher?,also should I do some sub division in areas where I want more detail? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I would also like your opinions on whether it should a wild {ownerless Dragon} or a domesticated Dragon with harness and seat etc....your thoughts please [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks again guys

Stu.