Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi everyone,

I was wanting to know has anyone ever heard of or ever used Adobe Dimensions? Also, would you recommend it for purchase? I'm trying to find a demo to try it out but I can't. Thanks.

RJ

Hi everyone,

I was wanting to know has anyone ever heard of or ever used Adobe Dimensions? Also, would you recommend it for purchase? I'm trying to find a demo to try it out but I can't. Thanks.

RJ

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

does it expand your brain? Does it really help? I'm just asking because it's Adobe: totally overpriced, lousy coding, arrogant company. Are you sure there isn't anything else on the market? I know there are tons of apps that will beat any Adobe smartfart software. Maybe we can discuss to exclude PhotoSoup from this list, but the rest is for people who have too much money to waste and too small brains to realize what they are doing.

just kidding, no sweat.

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://jens.highspeedweb.net

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Hey Jens,

Long time no see. Well, I don't know that much about that app. I plan to find out. I'm trying to find a demo now. As far as its' power as a 3D app, I have no idea. I don't know, though, I haven't found a photo editor that could beat out Photo shop. I have Adobe Illustrator. I haven't tried it just yet, but, I hear good things about it. I plan to find that app next for evaluation. One thing I will agree though is their prices are out of the stratosphere. If there are any other apps as good as their software and priced lower, then, yeah I'd get that instead.

RJ

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

RJ,

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I haven't found a photo editor that could beat out Photo shop. I have Adobe Illustrator. I haven't tried it just yet, but, I hear good things about it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are a bunch of others: Corel PhotoPaint or PhotoLine 32.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> One thing I will agree though is their prices are out of the stratosphere. If there are any other apps as good as their software and priced lower, then, yeah I'd get that instead. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here you go: http://www.pl32.com

Download the evaluation copy - it's extremely small - and compare it to PhotoSoup. Tons of built-in features, runs all PS plug-ins, offers layers, animation wizard that doesn't require a kinky plug-in like PhotoSoup, extremely fast... I'd say it's a perfect clone and costs only a fraction of the original.

With the funds you'll save you can invite your family for a fantastic dinner...

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://jens.highspeedweb.net

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Jens: ". . . people who have too much money to waste and too small brains to realize what they are doing."

Oh, really, my silly friend? I happen to LOVE Adobe, both as a company and their individual products.

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

RJ
    Here's a link to Adobe's website concerning Dimensions:

http://www.adobe.com/products/dimensions/main.html

On the lower left is a link for "free Dimensions tryout". That would be your demo.

Tell me, did you find out that the graphics you were attemting to emulate were made with Dimensions? I am not familiar with it myself, so I'm curious.

Hope this helps,
    Brett

Hey my fellow posters.

Brett... thanks for the link. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] to answer your question, from what I know, A D 3.0 wasn't used to create the pen&pixel graphic CD artwork. I haven't found what does that, yet. Thanks to you too, Jens.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Jens, looks like there is an Adobe lover after all [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]. I have nothing against Adobe. Everywhere you look in ads and tv, you see work that was done using it and Illustrator, from what I can tell. But hey, nothing wrong with saving a little money if that's what you want to do. Of course my experience that you get what you pay for. But, I don't mind trying something new.

Ricardo J. Swift

RJ,

I don´t know what you really want to do in 3D.
    If you look for real 3D app AD is not your choice for sure. But...with imagination you can do really nice thngs with Adobe Dimensions. For example recording a sequence and export in AI and open in Flash to have a nice 3D animation. The program has severall positive points but 3D is more oriented to integrate with Adobe products and keep consistency in color model and of course you allways have the non neglecting characteristic of being able to work with vectorial export as with raster. You can create nice stuff and finish in Photoshop or even in Xara. Mapping is also available. I've used it in severall ocasions to generate 3D images more oriented to packaging. It's a nice although limited app if you consider pure 3D but it's a honest and "colore fidelis" bridge application for EPS and AI color trust applications.

emel

Adobe D and Xara X

emel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plano1.jpg 
Views:	484 
Size:	164.6 KB 
ID:	15593