Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Its Sunday, Sept. 23/01 and I've had trouble reaching the forums all day. Very slowwww and unresponsive. Anyone else having trouble?

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Its Sunday, Sept. 23/01 and I've had trouble reaching the forums all day. Very slowwww and unresponsive. Anyone else having trouble?

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

My balcony overlooking Tower Bridge, London - no, I\'m poor!

It's Monday morn 02.12 and same problem here in London - v slow

Downloading pages are extremely painfull. I've also noticed this morning that the "Talk Graphics" logo is giving a missing image file icon. Earlier the pages never seemed to reach the "Done" status, but remained showing download indicators.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Couldn't be bothered hanging around for them last night, which is why I'm back checking this morning!

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

There are frequent problems with my cable connection on rainy weekends, so I thought the problems might be on my side.

You guesssed it, everything very slow and unpleasant here ...

Wolfgang http://www.xara-x.com/images/wave.gif

I also had grave problems accessing this forum but no problem accessing any other sites I tried -so wasn't me it had to be the forum's server or some such.

This is the first time of editing my message since when I finished my initial message everything went haywire. At present in editing the message I've got a multiplicity of orange cross-hatch graphics and the editing window is just two-thirds of the window width (in 800x600 mode) - the rest is just the cross hatch graphic. Something went wrong yesterday (Sunday) and even though I can access the forum albeit a little slowly, its still not right. Anyone else experience the same effect???

I'll see what I get when I post this editing and will add to the message (or start a new one) if it seems necessary.

Tracey

[This message was edited by TraceyP on September 24, 2001 at 02:41.]

I got spooked: it happened just after I had installed IE6, so I thought that my 'new' security settings had once again mangled my firewall, but no, it appears that the server died, because both this site and XaraClub suffered.

Since both use active server facilities, including cookies and security, I wouldn't be surprised if the application server fell over (not enough RAM? clogged disk? Code Red?)

Talkgraphics.com stopped working, but I could still access the groups directly on talkgraphics.infopop. I think the general slowdown was nothing to do with infopop themselves, but more likely that your browser wouldn't render the page until it had fetched the graphics from Xara's servers, which would'nt serve quickly enough. I would be surprised if the Talkgraphics graphics (ahem) were not fetched from Xara themselves, although now I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't upload them to infopop to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Just my take on it: I e-mailed the webmaster at Xara, but they (probably obviously) didn't get back to me.

TalkGraphics was down for part of the weekend. One of our internal switches failed, so we lost most of our servers. Although the forums themselves sit on outside servers, the frontpage, tutorial page and the banner ad module sit on one of our internal servers.

I imagine that since it coldn't resolve the data coming from non-existent servers, it caused the infopop system to loop a bit.

Sorry for the problems.

T

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Ross,

still can't access the 3D graphics forum - even after emptying the proxy, the cache and history and after 10 refreshes the old page from Friday appears.

Xtremely strange

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://jens.highspeedweb.net
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--