Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ahhh Spinach! Love them Risto.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks, Egg!

That piece in the teeth looks more like a piece of broccoli actually, which might be tricky to get stuck in your teeth, even if you tried... I might have to have a look at that part again.

Thanks for stopping by!

One last one, as I noticed that the lady with the dark hair has the ring on the wrong finger... Can't catch a break!

Also mostly drawn with a Wacom. I'm really enjoy it - can you tell? Now, if I could figure out some subtle texture to throw in there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	burning-house.gif 
Views:	428 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	9240  

Hi risto,

This one reminds me of the farmer and his wife in front of there homestead from the 20's/30's. Kinda cool, in a demented sorta way.

I really love these ones, especially the lady with spinach between her teeth. Where does your inspiration come from? When is the moment you decide to draw something?

Jolande

John, thanks! "Kinda cool, in a demented sorta way." Hey, that sounds like a line a contemporary art critic would say!"

The painting that John was referring to is "American Gothic" - http://www.artic.edu/artaccess/AA_Mo...es/MOD_5.shtml

Jolande,
    These ones weren't really inspired by anything in particular. The first one was a general request, on the other ones I was just drawing figures - and spruced them up a little bit. Oh, the guy with the bald head - I accidentally deleted his hair, and simply added a skull shirt... The new bad guy look - needed a cigarette - and the cigarette needed a burning house. What can I say? I have a silly imagination...

Otherwise my inspiration comes from scribbles I draw on post-it notes, and scrap paper. I draw literally every day, but I don't keep all of it - I just file it away in my head). Some of these scribbles I re-draw a couple of times - and some of them end up in one of my sketchbooks, which have hundreds upon hundreds (if not thousands - never counted) of them.

Inspiration also comes from looking at other people's art (all kinds.) I don't copy the art - I just load up with a "positive vibe" to try different things. When I draw, things take on a life of their own, as in the last one.

Often I just sketch with the Wacom until something silly happens - then I re-draw it "properly".

Thanks!

Ummm... Your welcome Risto...

I have been called many things in my day, but never an art critic. I do not know if that is a complement or an insult....

Risto,
    I don't know how long it takes you to crank out your drawings, but it came to my mind that you may be able to set up shop at a high-foot-traffic place and create these caricatures of customers. Something to think about?

.joroho.
    Wise men still seek Him.

You just keep getting better Mr. Risto ... SPINACH ... what a hoot

John,

It was not an insult. I just thought it was a great line - it actually went down on a scrap piece of paper - filed under ideas for a a future website!

Joroho,

It is a neat idea. However, these faces are rather "generic" - you would have to put some more detail in there to catch a resemblance (at least enough of a resemblance to make the customers happy). Or make something a bit different... Thanks for you idea though - I appreciate it!

Ed,

Thanks! I'm not sure that's the right way to depict spinach - but it's meant to be some sort of green vegetable...