MaryLou,
Thank you. I will try those things--I had forgotten about the plug-ins, but I have a couple of those.

The problem most definitely returned after I reinstalled though. I'm convinced that the crux of the issue is Pixl's memory managment (or lack thereof). I 'solved' the problem from a practical sense--I bumped my Ram from 512 to 1 Gig. So the slowness is gone, but I can tell that pixl is not only using up the ENTIRE 1 gig--but it's going to the swapfile for another gig and then some. My pagefile usage gradually increments throughout a pixl session to over 1.3 gig. I watch it happen as I open/edit/close each image--up, up, up.

Now come on, ULead. Over Two full gigs of memory and the most I have open at 1 time is 3 images totalling 40-50 megs? And only 2 undo levels. Where is that memory going? It's leaking, that's my professional opinion. As a software developer I know how these things happen. And I know these leaks can be difficult for a programmer to track down, but reducing memory leaks is part of developing a bulletproof system. I'm not really complaining too much though--I am thoroughly impressed with the rest of Pixl, and for the money, I guess I shouldn't expect perfection.

I will try unloading some fonts and the plug-ins, but as I said, I threw hardware at it and solved the practical sense of the problem.
Thanks again,
--Jim