Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: Poll question

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • n/a

0 0%

Hi, i have just started to do some graphics work for a friend. i have designed her a logo. which she likes very much, but, when i sent it via email. she said she printed it out and said it went all grainy.
    on my pc it was fine. I am a real amateur. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I MIGHT BE GOING WRONG.

many thanx!

WAJ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DHD-4_(quality).jpg 
Views:	961 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	3462  
    IP

Hi, i have just started to do some graphics work for a friend. i have designed her a logo. which she likes very much, but, when i sent it via email. she said she printed it out and said it went all grainy.
    on my pc it was fine. I am a real amateur. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I MIGHT BE GOING WRONG.

many thanx!

WAJ
    IP

You logo looks nice, lots of dots for best results, send a hi-resolution file, tell your friend to crank up the resolution on the printer as well.
    IP

Hey logo-designer... that's beautiful. Keep up the good work.

I too am a graphic designer and you should see the 'junk' I rec'v from people to use for business cards/stationary/flyers,etc. Usually a very poor resolution .jpg and then they want me to make changes to it too.
    They think cuz it looks good on the monitor it will print well also.

GIGO is what I always say.

inphoenix
    IP

Make sure you are creating 200 dpi documents. your monitor will only show you 96 dpi at the best and when you try and print that.. you get nothing but grainy.. so make a 200 dpi file and you will see the improovement.
    IP