Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I'm using the "Insert Flash text" within Dreamweaver 4.0.
    basically it lets you create a a rollover text effect very easily. Only problem I can't figure out how to make the background to the text transparent insted of a color. this comes in the way when I try to integrated into the page I have as it overlaps the image that's already there. I just want the text to be visible no background around it...

Anyone know how to change that ?

Thanks, Kelly
    IP

I'm using the "Insert Flash text" within Dreamweaver 4.0.
    basically it lets you create a a rollover text effect very easily. Only problem I can't figure out how to make the background to the text transparent insted of a color. this comes in the way when I try to integrated into the page I have as it overlaps the image that's already there. I just want the text to be visible no background around it...

Anyone know how to change that ?

Thanks, Kelly
    IP

Hi Kelly,
    It's not possible (in Dreamweaver alone that I know of), Unless you embed it as active-x. I read your question last night and have been playing with Dreamweaver to try and figure out if this is possible. The bad part of this is I'm a newbie to Dreamweaver and just playing with active-x embedding code I've locked up my computer about 20 times today. I know it's (Bg="?") in the embed code but I can't get it to come out clear ( white background is the best I can do, heh! ) I'll do some more research later unless someone else wants to enlighten us.

Jeff
    IP

I suppose that with image you mean a background image?

If you make gifs with transparant background, svae them with a name (necessary for javascript) and then hit the "insert rollover image" in the objects panel, you can have a text rollover without a background.

In making the gifs, try to make your text against a background colour that has the same hue and brightness of your background image.

In Flash, as far as I know, transparant backgrounds are impossible.

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.
    IP

"In Flash, as far as I know, transparant backgrounds are impossible." Now You Know Better! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wannabet.gif 
Views:	179 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	14851  
    IP

Wooo, shame on me.
    "As far as I know"...my knowledge fell short. Thanks a LOT! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.
    IP