Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Is it possible to rotate a few selected nodes at one time using the shape editor tool. So basically draw a box around a few and then rotate them as a group around their common centre (moving the bunch of them at once is easy enough). I have wanted to do this on a couple occasions and actually just noticed that this is possible with the demo of Expressions2 which I just downloaded ( www.creaturehouse.com ). In that program you can also sortof expand the distance between a group of selected nodes all at one time.

Anyway, if XaraX has this ability , plese let me know how it's done ... thanks muchly

David K
    www.dkingdesign.com

Is it possible to rotate a few selected nodes at one time using the shape editor tool. So basically draw a box around a few and then rotate them as a group around their common centre (moving the bunch of them at once is easy enough). I have wanted to do this on a couple occasions and actually just noticed that this is possible with the demo of Expressions2 which I just downloaded ( www.creaturehouse.com ). In that program you can also sortof expand the distance between a group of selected nodes all at one time.

Anyway, if XaraX has this ability , plese let me know how it's done ... thanks muchly

David K
    www.dkingdesign.com

After using it a little, I'm impressed with the pressure sensitive vector lines and adjustability of the thicknesses. Hopefully Xara is whatching things like this for the next version of XaraX ;-).

David K
    www.dkingdesign.com

Rotating groups of nodes, as can be done with C....Draw, would come in handy but I have not found away to do it in Xara.

A single node of a line segment can be rotated around the node forming its other endpoint (the node has to be selected using the Shape Editor tool and its corresponding Info Bar) but I believe that's the only node rotation function available.

You've probably already rejected this method, but if you apply Break at points to the two nodes that link the part you want to rotate and the rest of the shape, you can rotate and scale the selection as required. When you've finished, select both parts and use the Shape Editor tool to manually pull the cut ends together. The ends will automatically join but you may have to click Smooth join 'S' or Cusp join 'Z' to reinstate what you started with.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean