Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I here to say thata I love XaraX. Event though I grumble about the bugs, I find I use it more everyday. grtowing out of these largely positive feeling I would like to see it impronved. The elimination of bugs would be highest ofn the list, but there are features and tool thata could be improved that do not fall under the heading of bugs. Heer is my list of thing I would like to see changed.
    1. XarraX remember the last line width, line color, fill color and font used. Or

2. Be able to save the above as part of a template

3. Have a button in the color gallery to go back to the default arrangement of colors. Meaning the original order of the default colors, and any added colors in the order they were created.

4. Have a button in the color Gallery the would deleate redundant colors,i.e. color that were created doing blends etc. that have exactly the same values as an exisiting color. Or

5. Have Xara regonise when it is about to creat a duplicate color and use the exisiting one instead, or have that as an option.

6. Have handles be visible on middle grey backgrounds.

Hmmm...
    I've run out of ideas for the moment. Perehaps others might add positive features and improvements to this list. so we can keep it near the top along with the bug list.
    Idea?
    John [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I here to say thata I love XaraX. Event though I grumble about the bugs, I find I use it more everyday. grtowing out of these largely positive feeling I would like to see it impronved. The elimination of bugs would be highest ofn the list, but there are features and tool thata could be improved that do not fall under the heading of bugs. Heer is my list of thing I would like to see changed.
    1. XarraX remember the last line width, line color, fill color and font used. Or

2. Be able to save the above as part of a template

3. Have a button in the color gallery to go back to the default arrangement of colors. Meaning the original order of the default colors, and any added colors in the order they were created.

4. Have a button in the color Gallery the would deleate redundant colors,i.e. color that were created doing blends etc. that have exactly the same values as an exisiting color. Or

5. Have Xara regonise when it is about to creat a duplicate color and use the exisiting one instead, or have that as an option.

6. Have handles be visible on middle grey backgrounds.

Hmmm...
    I've run out of ideas for the moment. Perehaps others might add positive features and improvements to this list. so we can keep it near the top along with the bug list.
    Idea?
    John [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Hmmmm.....

OK, John...

Someone suggested this one a while back, but I like the idea too - how about a non-destructive abort (ie not the 'three-finger salute') for operations that seem to be taking too long?

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

Peter: "a non-destructive abort (ie not the 'three-finger salute') for operations that seem to be taking too long?"

I just had a brilliantly radical new idea: what if all keyboards were to be made with a special key, say, in the upper left corner, which allowed users to ESCAPE from unwanted operations?!!?!?

Nah, it's sure to be impossible to implement such a sweeping reform of the modern computer business . . . I know, I know - I'm just an impractical dreamer . . .

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

That is why I use Win 2000 (or NT 4.0). Ctrl+alt+del gives you the task list and end task command for the offending application. Upgrading to Win 2000 from Win98 was the best thing I've done all year. Well maybe getting the Graphire Tablet was agood idea too [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I reboot Windows for a living
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark

For better ergonomics, what about a key for a one-finger salute?

Hello

The way that Xara is written and used gives it its speed and responsivness is also its weakness.
    It cannot I think be be easily re-engineered to use a esc key.

I have found that it seems more responsive to using the undo arrow, but it could be my imagination.

Mike Engles

1/ a twain so that I can scan directly in/from Xara
    2/ to be able to choose, or at least change, the black fill colour when staring up.
    3/ to be able to choose my default font
    4/ the most important: a filter that would slow down time so that my days are at least twice as long...

raffon: "Upgrading to Win 2000 from Win98 was the best thing I've done all year."

That's VERY reassuring to hear, as I'm getting my first copy of W2K next week! It will probably take me days to set things up right, but then I should be ready to xoar xafely.

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")