Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Well, after years of success, things are starting to go wrong...After tracing bitmaps, sometimes, on printing, the *black* channel is not quite there...On a color image the black was missing entirely, and on a B&W image, the top(?) vector shapes (which were filled with white) were missing....Not the printer driver..I tried color printer, HP laserjet, and PDF...All the same...
    Plus, I have started getting This Message: (attached)
    Anyone else run into this sort of thing ???.........Any advice appreciated........Tad
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Tad Bridenthal on August 16, 2000 at 07:49 PM.]
    IP

Well, after years of success, things are starting to go wrong...After tracing bitmaps, sometimes, on printing, the *black* channel is not quite there...On a color image the black was missing entirely, and on a B&W image, the top(?) vector shapes (which were filled with white) were missing....Not the printer driver..I tried color printer, HP laserjet, and PDF...All the same...
    Plus, I have started getting This Message: (attached)
    Anyone else run into this sort of thing ???.........Any advice appreciated........Tad
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Tad Bridenthal on August 16, 2000 at 07:49 PM.]
    IP

Tad

I'm not sure about the error message--a corrupted printer driver I wonder? But have you checked your black ink in your printer to make sure you have not run out?

That's what it sounds like to me.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...
    IP

Kowabunga !!! I changed the number of passes in the bitmap tracer from 5 to 4 AND THE BLACK CAME BACK. How about THEM apples ??
    Think there is still trouble in the color image, but more testing is necessary
    Never a dull moment with Xara.....Regards,,,Tad [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    IP

Things are getting wierd!!...When I print a color image of a traced bitmap, some of the shapes (with the color fills) are missing...BUT, if I take a small section of the image and print that, all the shapes/colors are there.....It seems sort of like the color reduction memory limitations, but with vectors.
    THEN, I keep getting the stupid "printer error" message after I use Acrobat4, and I have to reboot to get Xara to print again...But, I'll bet that is a driver problem, although it never happened before....The joys of excess. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    Tad
    IP