Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

It's been a busy week to say the least. Lots of new stuff in the XaraXone.

Comments are openly solicited [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Early So Humble...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	june_in_the_zone.jpg 
Views:	799 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	13605  

It's been a busy week to say the least. Lots of new stuff in the XaraXone.

Comments are openly solicited [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Early So Humble...

On page 6, doing the fill for the pupil of the eye, you've called it a linear fill. It's a circular fill, I believe.

And one other thing - I can't believe I'd be the first to give you this little tip - but the way to create color stations on the arrow line of a linear/circular/eliptical/whatever fill (or transparency) is to double-click on the place on the line where you want to put the color station. Then (and only then, in my version of XaraX), can I either drag and drop a color into that color station or use the color editor to choose a color.

I found this out very early on doing your tutorials, because your method of adding colors did not work for me, so I looked it up in "Help".

Gary
    Just had a quick run thru the latest tutorial and I can well imagine you huffing and puffing at the end of it. The tutotial is excellent and epic. I recommend it to any level of user, there's so much in it to learn from. Best ever!

n.b. BCDeb, I don't know why you can't drag another colour into a linear fill as explained by Gary, but it does work (as does your alternative method).

Egg

[This message was edited by Egg Bramhill on June 01, 2001 at 17:39.]
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Gary, you are a benevolent GENIUS everything looks great and that feature artist is magnifico.....where can we buy his work?

The Tate Gallery London.

Hi Gary,

Wonderful tutorial!!!!! I just finished it and thought I'd stop here before going to the Xone. I agree with Egg, everyone should do this one!!!!

The new theme for the Xone is GRRRREEEAAATTT!!!!

Soquili [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

The new theme for the Xone looks really polished and clean! It was so pretty that it brought tears to my eyes (well, almost...)

Your new tutorial was A+, I enjoyed it as much as "stained glass" (one of my absolute favorites) - great work!

Tao's June gallery images will for sure inspire your XaraXone visitors.

Risto

I have not had a chance to check all of the new stuff at the Xaraxone yet but I do like the new look. It is very good. A nice refreshing gel look. I am sure I will learn from the eyebulb tutorial. Thanks Gary.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

You wrote:

"n.b. BCDeb, I don't know why you can't drag another colour into a linear fill as explained by Gary, but it does work (as does your alternative method)."

It does not work for me, Egg. I tried it again tonight, to see if maybe it had been fixed by the patches. Nope. What happens if I create a circle and try to to a multi-colored circular fill is, while I can drag and drop colors to the two official color stations, I can not drag and drop and thereby create a new color station. All that happens if I drag and drop somewhere on the middle of the arrow line is I get a flat fill of the new color. I know all about looking for the right symbol to appear to let me know I'm going to drop in the way I mean to - I never get a symbol that would allow me to drop on the arrow line as opposed to in the object. I have to first create a new color station by double clicking on the arrow line. And in fact, this is the only thing the "Help" pages say to do.

I have the CD plus both patches, and I can't be the only one who the drag and drop method doesn't work for, for multi-colored fills. So when Gary gives the drag and drop instructions in his tutorials, it might be helpful to some if he also mentioned the alternative of double clicking on the arrow line to create a new color station, first.

Now back to the toot...

I can drag new colours unto the lines of circular fills, but I have to use the double click method on conical fills. Fractal fills are limited to one colour on the centre, and on on either of the arrows.
    Remarkable that the same software reacts so differently on several PC's.

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.