Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You do not have to select a portion of a line inside the dialog box for blend steps. Double click or drag to select the entire contents, type your number, hit the Tab or Enter key, your done, quick and easy.

The 'Steps' legend used to be on the InfoBar but was moved into the edit box because the value can also be expressed in length units. This is space-efficient and means that it can be changed without Windows redrawing the entire InfoBar, which it would have to do otherwise.

It wouldn't take much to make it work in a manner that suits everybody, but I'd guess that the programming time is disproportionate to the increase in sales revenue it would generate ;-).

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

Mini sliders in various places are a top priority for the next version of Xara X.
    One notable place will be for line width.

Mark Goodall
    Xara Ltd

I hope the minisliders will be in addition to rather than replacement of existing cobntrols - personally in programs like Fireworks I find them a pain in the butt!
    Tony
    Tony

Sean

As usual you have hit the nail on the head.

Mark Goodall
    Xara Ltd

Tony

Rest assured that the sliders will not be likw Fireworks which I find painful to use.

Mark Goodall
    Xara Ltd

Mark: "Mini sliders in various places are a top priority for the next version of Xara X."

Dear God, let them please be NUDGABLE with the KEYBOARD ARROWS!!! XaraX's present UI is HORRIBLY mouse-bound - non-nudgable sliders are both slow, innefficient and unhealthy for user's hands! CRT is a real danger for millions of people - including me.

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Mark: "Rest assured that the sliders will not be likw Fireworks which I find painful to use."

Then you will hopefully understand me when I say that *I* find XaraX's present non-nudgable, akward sliders to be painful to use.

K
    K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)

geodd: "Double click or drag to select the entire contents"

And since when did THOSE become an efficient way to work?

K
    K