Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

COREL XARA X

when i try BLEND between 2 objects in XARA X the default is 5 steps and i can't alter/edit them once i have done the blend, i try to type in other numbers rather than 5 steps but nothing happens and most of the buttons are greyed out
    ...please help it's driving me crackers!

p.s. can't see much in the help files...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blend-problem.jpg 
Views:	538 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	114  

COREL XARA X

when i try BLEND between 2 objects in XARA X the default is 5 steps and i can't alter/edit them once i have done the blend, i try to type in other numbers rather than 5 steps but nothing happens and most of the buttons are greyed out
    ...please help it's driving me crackers!

p.s. can't see much in the help files...

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Eric - When you replace the default "5" with another number you have hit the "enter" key on your keyboard. The two greyed out buttons on the end will appear if you have a blend and a line (a curved line usually) selected. Clicking them will make the blend follow the curve.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Yes, that default "5 steps" for the blend is another major irritant in XaraX! Not only can't that default be changed to anything else - for in true Xara-tradition, changing of defaults are VERBOTEN - but one must also backspace/select the word "steps" to replace the number!!! This is idiotic and cumbersome beyond belief. If they absolutely need to shovel baby-instructions down people's throats, can't at least the word "steps" be placed on the toolbar AFTER the numeric entry box???

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Klaus - I never "backspace/select the word "steps" to replace the number". I just select the number part and change it, hit enter and BINGO i have a new blend.

Regards, Ross

thanks ross and klaus i did it and it works!!

as for help files they are like the haynes manual, either too technical or too vague ... a bit of person-to-person advice is worth a million help files!
    cheers
    scouse eric [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    now for my next question;
    how can i convert a wooden bread board into a wacom graphics tablet?

Ross: "I just select the number part . . . "

Yes, having to SELECT a part of some line inside a number box is REALLY efficient! Snort! Scoff! So your way is just more gist for my mill: the entering of blend steps really sucks. And it never retains my PREVIOUS step setting. Double-snort!

K
    K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)

Eric

Issues 16-24 (and continuing) of the WebXealot contain detailed information on all the drawing tools, effects and so forth.

If you take a moment to look through the list of items covered, you can save yourself the need to prepare such elaborate screen shots. You'll find just about all you need to know lovingly prepared and lavishly illustrated [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

The XaraXone WebXealot

WebXealot 19 Covers the Blend Tool in depth.

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

[URL=http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester]Be It Even So Humble...[/URL

Klaus - Of course you are right. It is strange that the word "steps" occurs in the entry box. I personally would prefer having up and down mini arrows allowing selection of the number with the mouse.

If they ever implement something like that, I'd hope that when your mouse moves between the arrows and you hold the mouse button down, you'd get a quick-set slider effect to give fast mouse access to the big numbers. (Such a quickset slider should be on all such mini-arrows that have more than 4 or 5 choices).

Regards, Ross

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on April 24, 2001 at 07:07 PM.]

Ross: "Klaus - Of course you are right."

Of course. :-)

And yes, some kind of easily scrollable mini-sliders would bring the XaraX UI up to date - at least to up to the date of around 1995 or so, since CorelDRAW has had easily scrollable mini-sliders since around version 5.

There are TONS of such mini-annoyances in the XX UI, slowing down a REALLY efficient use of the program! But it seems the Xara programmers are more hellbent on giving us newfangled features we would only use once in a blue moon - instead of revamping the UI into a really slick, efficient working environment.

K
    K