Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I am an old Amiga Head and it is with great interest that I keep up with this amazing computers efforts to return to the main stream and as a consequence I frequent an Amiga News site called www.amiga.org and it was here I saw the ad for a Graphic artist shown below:

Merlancia-Industries writes "Merlancia Industries is currently looking for individuals with skills in the following areas:
    Professional graphic design (must be able to create metallic images) Hardware and software/firmware engineering Marketing & PR. If you feel that you would qualify for any of the above positions, please contact Merlancia Industries and/or send your resĂşme to:
    merlancia@merlancia.com
    Merlancia Industries
    3516A West Cactus Road
    Phoenix, AZ 85029 USA "

Their Web page: http://www.merlancia.com/

I have seen their name in Amiga news for about a year now but I don’t have any personal knowledge of the company. They will be building the hardware (the computer) to run the new AmigaOS because Amiga Inc. is a software company now. Merlancia has just hired one of the legendary Amiga Engineers Dave Haynie as their CTO.

Just passing this on to my fellow Xarians as a possibility and I hope it is an appropriate post here!

Bob C.

I am an old Amiga Head and it is with great interest that I keep up with this amazing computers efforts to return to the main stream and as a consequence I frequent an Amiga News site called www.amiga.org and it was here I saw the ad for a Graphic artist shown below:

Merlancia-Industries writes "Merlancia Industries is currently looking for individuals with skills in the following areas:
    Professional graphic design (must be able to create metallic images) Hardware and software/firmware engineering Marketing & PR. If you feel that you would qualify for any of the above positions, please contact Merlancia Industries and/or send your resĂşme to:
    merlancia@merlancia.com
    Merlancia Industries
    3516A West Cactus Road
    Phoenix, AZ 85029 USA "

Their Web page: http://www.merlancia.com/

I have seen their name in Amiga news for about a year now but I don’t have any personal knowledge of the company. They will be building the hardware (the computer) to run the new AmigaOS because Amiga Inc. is a software company now. Merlancia has just hired one of the legendary Amiga Engineers Dave Haynie as their CTO.

Just passing this on to my fellow Xarians as a possibility and I hope it is an appropriate post here!

Bob C.

Show of hands (or mousies), how many of us got started on an Amiga?

I have such fond memories of my Amiga and Deluxe Paint. I could create a one minute animation that would fit on one of those old 700K floppies.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Bean it over a tumble

Ahh yes Gary Deluxe Paint. sigh!! That program’s versatility is what got me hooked on animation.

Way back then I had to give a presentation to upper management to justify the $40K I would need to implement a new design (big bucks then). In those days I worked for a very advanced company because we all had Macs on our desks. I made a tongue in cheek animation, with the Amiga and DP IV at home, about the project and dumped it to video tape which then played fullscreen on the conference room TV. My wife did the voice over and it lasted about 1.5 mins He He!!

Yikes Full screen animation with sound!! It left all the Mac heads with their collective jaws on the floor! Great fun and I got the money too! Ahh those were the days 8-)

Yes! My Amiga500 upgraded to 1MB RAM! 1000 floppies with as many programs! (2 bought retail) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] It was a wonderful world of 4 channel music programs and the best game ever made: "M.U.L.E" ! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

My whole AMIGA set-up cost more than a loaded 1.3GHz AMD DDR system, today. (It gives me a headache thinking about it).

I wish I still had it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Risto