Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Noob - Achieve the coin affect

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili
    WARNING! - Large graphic file sizes. Please be patient while they load http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Hello again Gil,

I'm kind of cheating in this mini tutorial. The text will be here and the images will be attached. This works a little faster than making a many framed tutorial with graphics and text together, at least for me

This Zip File contains a .wmf file of the circle that is imported into Xara3D. It also contains the original .xar file of the circle, the two .jpg files for the coin faces, the .gif animation created and the .gif of the tutorial images. It also contains the Xara3D6 file used to create the animation.
    Hmm, I can`t get on the site, forbidden
    be aware, not to become a ware.
    IP

Hi Ankor,

Since that was posted, Talkgraphics has moved to another server and Xara hosts the site on their own servers. Also my web host was bought out by another company and they prevent access to the files I had setup for people to download.

Anyway, I think I can now post that zip file here at TG. On the previous servers a files this size was not allowed.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Magoo2
    Thanks Broncofan! Your the man! Did you create those shapes in Extreme? If so, I am guessing that I can use the old Xara Webster to do the same thing right? Just can't afford the Extreme with what I get on disability. Also, you can only use vector shapes right? Thanks so much again. I will let you know how I do with my little project!
    I actually don't have Xtreme either. I use Macromedia Flash MX (Now it's sold through Adobe though I think.). It may take slightly longer (I trace them all "by hand", but it works pretty good.) And sorry, I am not familliar with Webster.
    IP

Webster is a 'lite' version of Xara X, one of the previous versions of Xtreme. You can create your vector shapes in Webster and then simply save your .web file (the native format for Webster). Xara3D can import .web and .xar files as well as .wmf vector files.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Hi,Parahandy!Sorry to be so long in getting back to you! I can't seem to find your gallery.Can you post a link?Your wings are neat!Sounds like you saw a lot of action in WWII.Were you involved with D-Day?
    IP

Webster is a 'lite' version of Xara X, one of the previous versions of Xtreme. You can create your vector shapes in Webster and then simply save your .web file (the native format for Webster). Xara3D can import .web and .xar files as well as .wmf vector files.
    Sorry, I know OF the program, I just haven't used it.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by raffy
    Hi,Parahandy!Sorry to be so long in getting back to you! I can't seem to find your gallery.Can you post a link?Your wings are neat!Sounds like you saw a lot of action in WWII.Were you involved with D-Day?
    you will find them here raffy.
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ghlight=Artist

No whilst I had some adventures in the 6 years I was in the army it was mostly routine stuff that's why I joined so many other units to try and see some action (what a fool eh!?) I did not get to europe until the first day of peace with germany when we emplaned to Norway and then on to Palestine as Israel was called in those days.
    IP

You did a great job on those shields,Parahandy!And from the little I know of the Palestine affair,it was probably just as dangerous to be there.And somebody had to do the routine stuff-that's what kept the machine running!Thanks!
    IP

Thanks Soquili and Broncofan! I appreciate the help, and will hopefully put up my results shortly!
    IP

Hi Ankor,

Since that was posted, Talkgraphics has moved to another server and Xara hosts the site on their own servers. Also my web host was bought out by another company and they prevent access to the files I had setup for people to download.

Anyway, I think I can now post that zip file here at TG. On the previous servers a files this size was not allowed.
    Thanks Soquili, I haven`t figured it out yet, so the zip would probably help.
    be aware, not to become a ware.
    IP