Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Noob - Achieve the coin affect

Thanks for the tip man, I can see it really made a difference.
    IP

good grief the forgotton past I was in the comms branch myself
    RC Signals.. retired when the darned stuff I worked on gave me
    leukemia.. but those Q & Z Signals sure bring back memories
    when I was a brass pounder.. Also been a Ham ever since the
    dead sea got sick..
    and by the way thanks for any help you can give..am waiting
    until Monday guess I will buy both Xtreme and 3D seems like
    only way I can get the job done ..after release went to dumb school
    so it is hard.. give a radio to fix now that I can do

73 De VE1BXM
    Skip
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanCam
    Is this maybe a little easier on the eyes?

I am open to ANY other suggestions you guys have.
    Bronco Fan, how did you do this incredible effect with the logo and the AFC logo? I am like a sponge, teach me, and I will learn....
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Magoo2
    Bronco Fan, how did you do this incredible effect with the logo and the AFC logo? I am like a sponge, teach me, and I will learn....
    It's basically the same as making a spinning coin.

The only difference is that instead of importing two circles (one for each side of the coin), you import, two completely different shapes. One on each "side of the coin".

If you follow the directions for making the coin. But using your own shapes and textures, you will be good as gold.

And you can keep going, you can have 3-4-5, or as many different images you want (you don't have to stop at two sides of a coin), just keep adding "page breaks" and changing image shapes and textures.
    Last edited by BroncoFanCam; 21 May 2006 at 03:37 AM.
    IP

It's basically the same as making a spinning coin.

The only difference is that instead of importing two circles (one for each side of the coin), you import, two completely different shapes. One on each "side of the coin".

If you follow the directions for making the coin. But using your own shapes and textures, you will be good as gold.

And you can keep going, you can have 3-4-5, or as many different images you want (you don't have to stop at two sides of a coin), just keep adding "page breaks" and changing image shapes and textures.
    So, Bronco fan, lets say I take the shape of the Patriots logo of the guy, do I just import the Pats logo and then import the AFC logo to go on the other side? Just trying to understand. And God bless. It is tough trying to keep up with all these interlacing threads! How do you guys do it? I was looking to see if you replied and had to look for your reply and found it here.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Magoo2
    So, Bronco fan, lets say I take the shape of the Patriots logo of the guy, do I just import the Pats logo and then import the AFC logo to go on the other side? Just trying to understand. And God bless. It is tough trying to keep up with all these interlacing threads! How do you guys do it? I was looking to see if you replied and had to look for your reply and found it here.
    Yep, I think you're getting it.

You'll need two different VECTOR shapes. You can make these a variety of ways. Most here will use Xara Extreme.

(I have attached them both in the zip file, and also a logo to use as a texture for the Patriot's logo, you can just use the color pallette for the AFC logo, it saves file size, and looks better.)

Save them to your computer, and IMPORT both shapes to X3D.
    http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/3546/import2fw.gif

And then follow the steps for making a two sided coin, using each outline as one "side" of the coin.

Should come out something like this...
    http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/9248/neafc25uy.gif
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by skipD
    good grief the forgotton past I was in the comms branch myself
    RC Signals.. retired when the darned stuff I worked on gave me
    leukemia.. but those Q & Z Signals sure bring back memories
    when I was a brass pounder.. Also been a Ham ever since the
    dead sea got sick..
    73 De VE1BXM
    Skip
    Off the topic for which I apologise, thought you might like this from an old soldier and fellow radio amateur (GM0EWJ ) 73
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RCCOS.jpg 
Views:	919 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	25860  
    IP

That''s great,Parahandy!Did you do it up yourself in Xara?
    Were you in that signal corps?My grandfather was in the Essex-Kent Scottish in the early 1900s as a sharpshooter.He even went to Quebec City as part of an honour guard to greet the Prince of Wales.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by raffy
    That''s great,Parahandy!Did you do it up yourself in Xara?
    Were you in that signal corps?My grandfather was in the Essex-Kent Scottish in the early 1900s as a sharpshooter.He even went to Quebec City as part of an honour guard to greet the Prince of Wales.
    No Raffy I was in the British Army I served with the Royal Scots as a cook was also in the Blackwatch the as an electrician in the Royal Artillery then I joined the 1st British Airborne Division 2nd Oban Airlanding anti-tank battery as a wireless operator. volunteered 1940 demobbed 1946. check out the badges of my regiments in my thread "Artist?" here is a picture of my Parachute wings that I was issued with. They are 60 odd years old.
    The badge I sent to Skip was mainly drawn with Xara with some editing beforehand in PSP.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    IP

Yep, I think you're getting it.

You'll need two different VECTOR shapes. You can make these a variety of ways. Most here will use Xara Extreme.

(I have attached them both in the zip file, and also a logo to use as a texture for the Patriot's logo, you can just use the color pallette for the AFC logo, it saves file size, and looks better.)

Save them to your computer, and IMPORT both shapes to X3D.
    http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/3546/import2fw.gif

And then follow the steps for making a two sided coin, using each outline as one "side" of the coin.

Should come out something like this...
    http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/9248/neafc25uy.gif
    Thanks Broncofan! Your the man! Did you create those shapes in Extreme? If so, I am guessing that I can use the old Xara Webster to do the same thing right? Just can't afford the Extreme with what I get on disability. Also, you can only use vector shapes right? Thanks so much again. I will let you know how I do with my little project!
    IP