Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thanks Bill,
    Well, I'm not a coin buff or anything, but history interests me. I don't have an in depth knowledge of history, just some basics. I just find it interesting, although I haven't done extensive research.

ron
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer
    IP

Hi Ron,

I know what you are saying. I don't do in depth research, but history is interesting. My son would say that I've lived through all of history http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif and it's simply a way of remembering some of my past.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Bill,

That reminds me of the line I used to tease my mom... "Her first job was bussing tables at the last supper."
    IP

John,

My brother would tell everyone that I was 3 days older than dirt. After he became ill, he would tell them that I had taught the cavemen how to draw on the cave walls. I wonder what he tells everyone at the great council of the ancestors.

My son still says that I rode a dinosaur to school. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

I used to tell my kids I used to hunt Dinos when they where young and immpressioanble. Now they just call me the old old man. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
    IP

I feel so unrelated.... Personaly, I admire you guys. I really do. You have my respect. You can handle Xara better than me! My mom can beraly use the microwave. You know how to build sites, use complicated software. We do not realize such things because it seems normal to us, like driving a car.

I tried to explain my friend how to use Freehand, and saw that it was impossible, since he doesn't know how to use a computer, except from listening to mp3 files.
    IP

Hi Availor,

I have been playing with computers since 1974... For me, it is second nature. I have trouble not explaining over someones head. It is so hard to say, "parts missing" when half there hard drive is corrupted, yet that is all they want or can understand.
    IP

Hi Availor,

I started working with Main Frame and Mini Computers a few years before John. In the mid 1970s I worked with a few S100 bus systems that had to be hand assembled and that CP/M (Control Program for Micro Computers) was developed on. Microsoft's DOS was based on CP/M with it's command line, system prompts and internal and external commands. I worked with some of the many commercial micro computers that ran CP/M in the later 1970s and a few Apple II systems during that timeframe. In the early 1980s I worked with some Atari, Commodore, Colico, Texas Instruments, and Zenith micro computers.

A little known fact: Zenith released it's Z-100 micro computer one week before IBM released it's first PC. Microsoft had also written the operating system known as Z-DOS for Zenith. IBM had thought they had an exclusive with PC DOS and because of the similarities with Z-DOS they sued Microsoft. I'll keep the more provocative little known facts to myself. History is re-written by the victor and I may step on a few toes by revealing the true facts again http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/eek.gif
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Wow 1970s.... I was not even on the drawing board at that time.... LOL http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif My mom was just finishing Collage I think at that time....

I was born on October 1982 in a cold Russian autemn (whatever it is spelled).
    My mom though it'd be best for me to start learning either German or English Since the First grade. I chose English. At exactly 8 (in the same day of my birthday actually) we came here, where I stuck up till now.
    Now I'm stepping into long 4 years of first degree in processing and management engineering (dunno how it is called in English, just a poor translation). Later on I'm planning to move to UK or the US. If there will be peace by that time with the Arabic countries I would like to go to Saudia since it's very prosperous.

P.S. Soquili Did IBM win the case?
    IP

Hi Availor,

Yes, IBM won the case. Digital Research (creator of CP/M) also won their case against Microsoft. Winning a case doesn't always get the results one would want though.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP