Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

I've read one posting about the coin affect but only stated something about a page break. Funny thing is my first attempt at this is the exact coin in the original topic noted - the goatlocker coin. Can someone please break down how to do this for me? Thanks

Gil
    IP

Hi Gil,

Welcome to the forum. I wasn't sure what you were asking until I found the Thread that contained the goatlocker coin. With the search feature not working at the present time, it took a little time to find. I don't have Xara3D installed here at work, it will be later this evening before I can make a mini tutorial.

If anyone else can give it a go sooner, please do.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Hello Gil and Welcome.
    Do you have XaraX? Knowing this helps with giving you an answer.
    1915 King GeorgeV Penny
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

I don't have XARAX..only XARAX3d ver 6.

I figured out part of it - by mistake - and can't duplicate what the ##$%! I did to make it get this far...

thanks for your time.....
    Gil
    IP

Grrrrr. But I think I found the secret. Insert the two Winding spots first - without a page break. Select each one and add the textures. THEN insert the page break.

Does that help anyone?!
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    IP

WARNING! - Large graphic file sizes. Please be patient while they load http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Hello again Gil,

I'm kind of cheating in this mini tutorial. The text will be here and the images will be attached. This works a little faster than making a many framed tutorial with graphics and text together, at least for me http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

http://btaylor.50megs.com/images/gib-holmes.gif

This Zip File contains a .wmf file of the circle that is imported into Xara3D. It also contains the original .xar file of the circle, the two .jpg files for the coin faces, the .gif animation created and the .gif of the tutorial images. It also contains the Xara3D6 file used to create the animation.

1. Open Xara3D6 and import the .wmf or the .xar file that contains the circle. Adjust the extrusion of the circle to the size you want for the coins thickness. See image 1.

2. Repeat the import so you have two of the circles side by side. See image 2.

3. Enable the text cursor and select the right circle. Hold the shift key and press the left arrow key to make the selection. In the Texture Options, check the Texture box and in the dialog that opens, navigate to the folder containing the first image for the coin face you want. Open that file. See image 3.

4. Release the shift key, press the left arrow key to un-select the right hand circle. Hold shift and use an arrow key to select the left hand circle. Use the Texture Options to open the image for the other face of the coin. See Image 4.

NOTE: Do not worry about the texture images not fitting on the circles at this time.

5. Move the text cursor so that it is between the two circles. Hold a Control Key and press the Enter Key. This inserts a page break between the two circles. See image 5 (before the insert) and 6 (after the insert).

The circle shape in the .wmf and .xar is the same size as the coin images I used. Because they are the same size, the images match the circles. If you create your own circle and do not have images the same size, adjust the size of the images in the Texture Options.

http://btaylor.50megs.com/images/x3d-coin-tut.gif
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Bill,
    What can I say. Your da man. Thanks for helping me out. Great directions/tutorial - I'm addicted.

Gil

http://webpages.charter.net/s.gillia...lockercoin.gif
    IP

Gil, I'm happy to have been of some help. It looks like you were able to make your own Goat Locker coin. Very nice.

If you ordered the boxed version of Xara3D6, I believe that Xara Webster was included. Webster is like XaraX Lite, it is a vector graphics application. Any of the mini tutorials that use XaraX and Xara3D, you can use Webster to do the XaraX portion.

If you have any questions, please ask them. Everyone here will be happy to provide an answer. There are usually several ways to achieve an end, and here you will find most if not all of them.

Is Sparks a reference to being or having been a radioman or communications tech in the Navy?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Bill,
    Yes I am a Radioman in the Navy. Few years back we moved to Information Systems Technician (IT) but still have the sparks insignia.
    My father is a RMCM retired.
    Older bro is a ITCS retired & I'm an ITCS - getting ready to retire. Resumes sent just about everywhere.
    You must be ex-navy ... an RM perhaps ....
    (INT ZEV K)
    IP

Gil,

I'm actually ex-air force. Been retired 15 years now. My uncles on my Mom's side of the family were all Navy, those on my Father's side were Army. My Brother and I were Air Force. Only one of my Nephews was a "Jar Head" http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif So we pretty much covered everything except the Coast Guard.

I was a communications tech, worked on a bit of everything. It's been about 30 years since I used Q&Z signals. The only two I remember are ZBK2 and INT QRK. I must have used those a lot back then http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP