Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mellett Murdyr

I do believe that sepia effect could've been done in a second in Xara, however the old, stained, burnt paper look would have been more of a hassle, however I do believe it could be done in Xara, yes.

Ross, I was wondering that myself, and I've asked to make sure that's how they wanted it, but.... that's how they want it, soooo, I'll just leave it there. I hope they don't suddenly change their minds, I like the effect I achieved with it real well, and that's the thing I hate about bitmap painting, have to start all over to change something! I'm still working with the blood. The murder was a gunshot to the head. He was standing by his garage, and the murderer was across the street in the bushes. I was working on making a bullet in Xara yesterday, but unfortunately I'm not as good w/ that metal effect as some have proved themselves to be as of late! Thanks for the comments

Steve Newport

-My Gallery-

-Featured Artist 2002-
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

where I originally placed the blood, but thought it looked better elsewhere... but maybe not?

Steve Newport

-My Gallery-

-Featured Artist 2002-

[This message was edited by Steve Newport on January 18, 2003 at 10:28.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mm1.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	16102  
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Steve,rather than a bullet,maybe a bullet hole in the paper reading "Mellett Murdyr".I did a little research on Mr. Mellett and seems he was quite the crime fighter.With the subject matter you should have a very good play.I can't believe Hollywood hasn't picked up on this one.

Mike

but I'm with Judi, the blood is not right. It looks a little bit more like a gum drop to me, cherry, my favorite!!

It's not being morbid to get your elements right. If you see that poster as being splattered with a few drops of blood then get a little dirty man.

Soak it a little. Like Judi mentioned, paper absorbs so stain it and then have a few of various sizes surrounding the larger drop for a little realizm. Usually if there's one drop there's bound to be others around!!

This might sound gross to you but take a dollup of ketchup, water it down, very slightly, a touch more liquidy but not too runny and then drop it onto a piece of paper and wait a minute. You will see little droplets and a soaking thing going on. I think a pretty good model for you, no??

I do like the over all image though. Love the old newspaper effect, very nice indeed!!

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---