Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Studio

This pic I am very pleased with [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ....I spent about 3 hours tweaking it in Photoshop 6 after rendering in Cinema 4d.

Comments always welcome [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Studio_copy.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	16298  

This pic I am very pleased with [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ....I spent about 3 hours tweaking it in Photoshop 6 after rendering in Cinema 4d.

Comments always welcome [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.

Nice pic Stu! The paint bottle on the front left (as you are looking at the picture) looks distorted, probably the camera is set to the default value of 35mm. Do as Eric mention in my post of the film projector use a longer focal length say 50-100mm and then zoom in.

Also the pink paint spotch in the middle looks like it is painted on my screen instead of the paper.

You have done a good job on this I like it. It brings back memories of me trying to learn to airbrush.

--Randy

Cheers Randy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I used 85mm for the focus.I am mbeginning to wonder if those round splines I used for the bottle didnt distort a little when being scaled,I find sometimes even when you are trying to scale all axis at once it is really easy to slip and scale one only without realizing.I must investigate that as I think this project has potential.

The pink paint on the table has noise in it to simulate drops geling together on the varnish as they would,but I dont think they are dark enough to allow for the wood being darker underneath as opposed to the paint on the white newspaper.

Randy how can I scale an instance of an object to be the same scale as my original object after I have also scaled my original object as well,what usually happens for me is that the instance takes on the original geometry not the updated geometry....is there away to update the scale or geometry to the instance?

Cheers [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.

Stu,

If you want to scale a group of objects together put them into a null object and then scale the null object.

If you want to make on object the same size as another object, transfer command looks like it should do the job, but I could not make it work like I thought it should.

So the only way I found was to copy and paste the size cooridnates for each axis to the other object. This has to be done one axis at a time.

Seems like there should be a plug-in to do this, but I do not have it.

--Randy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Ya I agree with that Randy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

There is nothing more annoying than making a complex model and making an instance and the instance takes on the original object geometry instead of its updated geometry,and then you spend x amount of minutes scaling down the instance.I would have thought there would be a refresh or reload for this,like the material editor has for updated materials.

Thanks for the null object info [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.