Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

CorelDraw 9.337 I cannot select a color for the vignette. Black is all that works. I know for sure I used to be able to get white and other colors but now it's all greyed out. I haven't a clue what is wrong. Any ideas? Win98SE 504 MB ram AMD 850 processor. The pic is color and .tif format. I rec'vd from a .jpg in an email. If I do a properties on the pic it 24bit RGB
    IP

CorelDraw 9.337 I cannot select a color for the vignette. Black is all that works. I know for sure I used to be able to get white and other colors but now it's all greyed out. I haven't a clue what is wrong. Any ideas? Win98SE 504 MB ram AMD 850 processor. The pic is color and .tif format. I rec'vd from a .jpg in an email. If I do a properties on the pic it 24bit RGB
    IP

Marie

The option is grayed out in my version of CorelDRAW as well, though I can't say for sure if it ever worked, I have rarely used bitmap filters from inside of Draw

As a workaround, right click on the bitmap and edit in Photo-Paint and apply the filter there, this does work.

BTW the latest version of Draw is 9.439, you might want to download the latest service pack.

Peter

The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    IP

Marie, check what color mode the bitmap is in. Sometimes you need to change the number of colors in the bitmap to get the functions to work. For example, the page curl effect only works in 16 million colors, not in 256. Just a thought.
    Pat Gibson

PKGibson, Trainer
    Certified CorelDRAW
    Instructor
    www.sulfurcreek.com
    PKGibson, Trainer
    Certified CorelDRAW
    Instructor
    www.sulfurcreek.com
    IP

Hi Pat, nice to see ya kickin around.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    IP

Thank you all so much for the responses. I changed colors and all is fine now.

Wonder why I didn't get an email notification of your responses. I did check the box this time.

Thank you all again.

Marie
    IP

Marie and Mike, glad I could help. I'm still around Mike. I have more time to check the board since I finished graduate school. I'm still teaching Draw but missed out on this Beta test. Didn't see the announcement until it was well under way. It will be interesting to see what new toys Tony and crew have added.

PKGibson, Trainer
    Certified CorelDRAW
    Instructor
    www.sulfurcreek.com
    PKGibson, Trainer
    Certified CorelDRAW
    Instructor
    www.sulfurcreek.com
    IP

Pat, Hello I am Carlo and I am new to corel,total new. I received corel from a friend in S.America as a gift, But guess what.... Is in Spanish, Can I do the conversion, by the way is the 10 version.
    I also need some sort of a quick crash course on Corel 10, does something like that exist.
    Please help.

Thank You.
    Carlo/Multycolor Productions, Miami Florida@
    giocarlo@yahoo.com
    IP